clone for sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

http://www.angusjournal.com/salebooks/wilson090907api/

couldn't print it and the pdf version crashes.

Anyway, i think it's a clone of ext's dam.

knabe

Top Open Heifer: Lot 1–Clone of N Bar Primrose 2424, female by Emulation 31 due 1-24-08. To Ankony Angus, Clarkville, GA, for $45,000.
clone of mother of EXT

from catalog
http://www.angusjournal.com/salebooks/wilson090907api/

farmboy

not that this has anything to do with anything but is there anohter heatwave clone??? i saw a heatwave a heatwave1 and a heatwave 2 in some listing i cant recall

STEERJOCK21L

How much does it cost to clone an animal?i've always wondered why everybody isn't doing it.

CAB

It'll be interesting to watch over the years to see how &what happens. It makes sense to clone the great bulls, but will the genetics improve slower over all b-c of it? I personally don't think ,or haven't seen near the quality of calves out of Wave-1 that I see out of HW, but are the great ones out of W-1 just called HW's b-c they will bring more that way? When we were showing alot of hogs, there was always that great litter, but within the litter there was always one that everyone wanted & if you couldn't get or afford that one pig, go to the litter and pick the next best one.  I hope that it doesn't get out of hand, b-c we won't have as many or as good of choices in the end. Cab

ROAD WARRIOR

It seems to me that if we get too carried away with the cloning in the cattle business, that it will slow down the genetic revolution rather than help it. My theory being that any animal that I use for breeding purposes should produce as good or better calf than itself. It doesn't always work but there is a good percentage that does. If cloning had become affordable 20 years ago would we still be using clones of the same bulls we used back then. I try to produce a calf crop that is better than the one I had last year not the same year after year. I guess if I ever get to the point that I produce perfect calves, I will sell out and retire from the cattle business for two reasons - 1) I'll be rich! 2) I'll be board out of my mind!

CAB

When I was younger, people would say, there's not a bull/boar good enough to use on my cow/sow. What they were actually saying that to find a sire that was going to make the dams offspring better than she herself was, was next to impossible. These people that said those kind of things were absolutely right and were great breeders. I wish that I had a couple of cows that were that good. I have the opposite problem. I can find lots of bulls to breed to. Too many bulls, cows can't live long enough. LOL. Cab

DL

The cloning phenomon is pretty interesting - with our current level of knowledge many of the implanted clones do not survive past 60 days and those that are carried to term are often delivered early (that sounds like an oxymoron) via c-section because of both their larger birth weight and their supposed value. As calves they also often require almost intensive care for a while as they have a host of medical problems - don't know how much this will improve with experience - cost wise I believe that $20K is about the minimum at this time - and my question is by the time you decide they are great and you have cloned them and the clone grows up to produce as they still great or is it great hype?? ;)

knabe

studies show that the telomeres of the offspring of clones are normal.  i'm not so concerned about the clone, just the offspring from a clone.  so in this case, one could get some EXT variability.  i don't know anything about his full sibs.  i would definately clone cunia, vainqueur etc.

CAB

Ext was a great bull in his time and I still have a bunch of cows out of him. I love their udders.It has to be his best trait and he put'em in there as good as any that I have ever seen. Those cows will last as long as their teeth will allow them to. I 'm sure how other 1/2 or full sibs did or are doing. It would be fun to see how many that there are already out there. Did Ext's attitude come from Mom or Dad? They can keep that in the dish. LOL. Cab