Club Calf Bull On a Limousin

Help Support Steer Planet:

beefy08

What bull would work best on a fullblood Limi? She already has A LOT of hair and bone, but has a wasty front end. What bull would clean that up and work on a Limi?

Show Heifer

From personal experience:  WMW might add too much rounded muscle mass in the rear quarter.  I would recommend Hannibal, or Dr.Who. Both will clean up the front, yet not add the rounded muscle pattern.
Also, might "search" this topic... I know it was discussed several times!

frostback

We tried this about 15 years ago, did not work well for steers but the heifers we got from breeding the Limis to Maine bulls worked great. I would suggest finding a good Maine to get females and then go clubby. Takes a little longer for the steers but if you want to breed up from what you have, that may be the way to go.

jimbob123

frostback said:
We tried this about 15 years ago, did not work well for steers but the heifers we got from breeding the Limis to Maine bulls worked great. I would suggest finding a good Maine to get females and then go clubby. Takes a little longer for the steers but if you want to breed up from what you have, that may be the way to go.

I have one I am going to try our that was a winning black purebred limmie heifer.  she has had one calf and we are going to flush her.

she is clean fronted, good boned, good hair, thick, moderate 6 frame...what to use on her for steers? 

shorthorngirl2010

beefy08 said:
What bull would work best on a fullblood Limi? She already has A LOT of hair and bone, but has a wasty front end. What bull would clean that up and work on a Limi?

I might be WAY off-- but that new Limi bull 'BULLETPROOF' looks the clubby part-- and calves would still be eligible Limi (thumbsup) probably not a selling point on my end-- but thought I'd try and throw it out there. On the other clubby hand... what about Benz? Would he Rocket that front?? Or even I Am Legand?? :-\ Bojo? I80 for the maines frostback was talkin' about.

jimbob123 said:
I have one I am going to try our that was a winning black purebred limmie heifer.  she has had one calf and we are going to flush her.

she is clean fronted, good boned, good hair, thick, moderate 6 frame...what to use on her for steers? 

wonder what Monopoly would do...

jimbob123

that might work....i had him on my shortlist with heat wave, heat seeker, jimmy the greek to name a few...on limmies, i would think you need something to clean up their front ends, add bone, and square up the hips....adding th will help with the hair....not sure completely which bull does that best though....the limmie will help shoulders, add muscle mass, and soften them up...