Club Calf Bull?

Help Support Steer Planet:

LIMO

Does anyone remember a club calf bull from maybe 10 or more years back named "Fear This" ?  If so, was he any good? Thanks.

TJ

Pretty sure that he is the sire of Strictly Business.  Hope that helps.

showsteerdlux

I have seen from pretty good calves from him. The champion steer in NC in 2001 was a Fear this. Pretty sure he's had some pretty good success. The females I have seen are pretty good imo. I showed a steer out of a Fear This dam and he did pretty well last year when I showed him.

Jill

He is actually a Maine bull, he threw a rear leg issue in the ones we had and some I have seen, but I know he was heavily used for a couple of years and there were a lot of nice calves out of him.

RSC

Jill said:
He is actually a Maine bull, he threw a rear leg issue in the ones we had and some I have seen, but I know he was heavily used for a couple of years and there were a lot of nice calves out of him.

Really thick square hipped cattle.  I believe BW was somewhat of an issue.  I believe he was raised by a cattleman from Kearney, NE.  Strictly Business was raised on a ranch a few miles NW of there as well. 

Thanks,

RSC

oakbar

There were some really nice calves out of him.  If I remember right, I think a few people thought he threw some calves with some attitude problems and I think there might have been some birth weight concerns.    The ones I saw were good thick calves, though!

LIMO

Thanks. I had a freind who had some semen on him and was wondering if I should try it.

Joe Boy

The calves I saw out of him really grew.  The heifers we had out of him had real large calves, but they really grow.