club calf bulls x charolais

Help Support Steer Planet:

HF CHARS

Have seen allot of guys suggest heatwave.  no doubt the good ones are good.  but we have had allot of rat tails with heatwave.  if you show slick maybe that doesn't matter to you.  and Master of Puppets. IMO he is not as nice necked as monopoly, and on char cows, you better have em nice necked to make steers.  Life Line has always worked good for us, if you have smoke cows, I would say carpe diem, he works great on the half blood chars

TWR

Our experience with Clubby bulls on purebred chars:
Heatwave - Agree with HF too many rattails but sometimes you get a great one
Monopoly - probably the most consistent, sometimes a little plain fronted
Carnac - only had a couple - nothing great so far
Who Made Who - Cleans up the front ends nicely but throws a rattail once in a while, makes nice smokey females
Total Solution - Worked good on char heifers
Lifeline - Did not work for us, way too big
Ali - made good females but again not good hair
This year we bred them to Monopoly, Walks Alone and Jimmy the Greek.

Bird Cattle

I bought into a bull with Mike Huston for the sole reason of breeding him to chock fronted charlois cows, to down size, add color and stout en the calves up,  his name is Bud The Bull. you can view him on Mike's site or ours. Bird Cattle

OH Breeder

JDACATTLECO. said:
How do you know he wont pretty sure monopoly had the same doubts when he was first being advertise dont know it till ya try and IMO Mater of Puppets wil be a less expinsive way to put great genetics into you hurd being that he IS and full brother to Monopoly wich we all know has done some great work on all kinds of different cattle shapes, sizes and breed.

You may not be a shorthorn person, but, there are quiet a few FULL brothers to a bull called CF Solution. NONE of them breed the same in my mind. What about Heat Wave's FULL brother? Red Bull He certainly does not breed like his brother. The only way to evaulate a new bull is his calves on the ground until then he is unproven in my little mind.  :-\

AndersenClubCalves

Bird Cattle said:
I bought into a bull with Mike Huston for the sole reason of breeding him to chock fronted charlois cows, to down size, add color and stout en the calves up,  his name is Bud The Bull. you can view him on Mike's site or ours. Bird Cattle

Have you had any calves out of him? I went and looked at him looks like a nice bull. Would love to see some calves out of him.

Bird Cattle

No calves yet, it will be a while, he is a spring born.  I spoke to Mike a couple of weeks ago and he was taking him to stud.

Blue25

I agree with the Heat Wave thing, some of the best clubbies I have ever seen, but for one good Heatwave, there are probably thirty rat tails.  I sure don't mind buying them, but I wouldn't want to breed to him.  Also, way too many breeds in one package for me.