Clubby Flush Help

Help Support Steer Planet:

marsh

Looking for some suggestions on what to flush this donor to.  She has been flushed in the past to Dr.Who, Hard Core, Hairy, and Sunseeker.  Each flush has produced some high selling calves and some nice ones that were a little too big to be great.  All calves have been really sound other than one Sunseeker that was a little too straight on her back legs.  This cow is a Meyer 734 X Rowe Miss Habanero 42FJ(Habanero X Draftpick).  She is the Dam of PLG Housecall 104T which was sired by Dr. Who.  We are flushing her Angus, then Simmental, and the final flush will be clubby.  Looking for something to throw steers and hiefers that are not too terminal.  Frame size has been the only issue with some of the previous flushes.  Monopoly is the one I keep coming back to.  Have not heard enough positives on other clubby bulls but am sure I am missing some.  Heatwave is out, but will consider sons.  I don't know much about the Smokie bulls out there, but would consider that if they will make them small enough and sound.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• MeyerSM.JPG
    MeyerSM.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 359

vet tech

Sounds like walks alone is ur ticket for steers but I'm assuming you wouldn't want the heifers. I80 or Irish whiskey for females

twistedhshowstock

If you are looking for a smokey bull to moderate frame, I would try Smoke N Mirrors. I havent seen just a ton of calves off of him, but looking at him I would think he may moderate one just a bit.  I put him in a couple larger framed cows this yr hoping for those results.  But I agree that it sounds like Walks Alone would work great on her for steers.

advocate

Monopoly calves keep winning and selling well, he will sure downsize wins as many hiefer shows as steers, thats what id use

OH Breeder

I have seen some amazing Heat Wave x Meyer cattle. That seems to click. Quiet a few steers that were moderate and hairy soft made type. You are NOT wanting to go that clubby? I think Monopoly is a good choice.

WJ Farms

Id go with Walks Alone or Monopoly!! You can never go wrong with a Heat Wave or Clone!!!

marsh

Thank you for all of the suggestions.  What is your opinion on Believe in Me?  I have been told by others he would be a good one.  I think I am leaning toward Monopoly right now, but Believe in Me is tempting.  Thanks....