Cody Vogel

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruby

I wanted to let everyone know that Cody Vogel was in a four-wheeler accident last night. He suffered head injuries and a small bleed between his skull and membrane. Basically, a blood clot formed that they had to go in and remove. He is stable this morning but pretty bruised and beat up. He underwent surgery at Sioux Center, and they are waiting to to hear back on some more tests. As of right now, they expect him to be in the hospital for a week or so.

Please put Cody and his family in your prayers.

Nancy Grathwohl Heter

FXDS

Cody, our prayers for a quick and full recovery.  The Sullivan & O'Sullivan Family

forbes family farms

Are thoughts and prayers are with you Cody and the Vogel family. Hope he gets better soon and has a full recovery. Are prayers are with you Cody and the Vogel family.

sigsigns

Ruby said:
I wanted to let everyone know that Cody Vogel was in a four-wheeler accident last night. He suffered head injuries and a small bleed between his skull and membrane. Basically, a blood clot formed that they had to go in and remove. He is stable this morning but pretty bruised and beat up. He underwent surgery at Sioux Center, and they are waiting to to hear back on some more tests. As of right now, they expect him to be in the hospital for a week or so.

Please put Cody and his family in your prayers.

Nancy Grathwohl Heter
Good evening to all. We feel very fortunate this evening that Cody is doing as well as he is. He is actually in Sioux City Iowa at Mercy Hospital where they have a great neuro surgery department. His injury was to the temporal area on the left side of his head. The fracture was between the temporal and frontal bones. When in Spencer he had a small bleed as well between the skull and the membrane that covers the brain. They transported by ambulance because couldn't fly because of storms moving in. At Sioux City at 1am last night the bleed had doubled in size and they felt it was time to get it taken care of.  The bleed was showing on the scan to be no bigger than a soup spoon size but when they got in there it was the size of a pear. He has a lot of facial swelling and black almost purple eyes. This is from the trauma of the surgery and they expect to take the wrap off of his head tomorrow and expect more swelling of the head at that time from the incisions on the head. He will be in ICU until he can go without vomiting when they move him around. They hope to have him up tomorrow. His stay is probably a week long if all goes well.
He is still in the c collar and will be until he is awake enough to tell them that his neck doesn't hurt to move. He looks really rough but is working on getting better.
He was happy to see his Grandpa Maurer tonight and held arms out for a hug.
Please keep him in your prayers because they are working. Thanks to all for the well wishes and I will update tomorrow how he is doing.
Kris & Todd Vogel

oakbar

We're all pulling for Cody!!  Great family--great kids!!  I hope they're all healthy and getting to the shows again real soon.

sigsigns

Hello everyone. Cody moved from ICU today around noon and has had a shower and his first meal; what little he ate of it. They are thinking that he will be able to return home by the weekend.
Lynn yes he looks like a racoon. Two totally swollen and black eyes. He is unable to open them enough to see much. He is extremely tired. He appreciates all the texts and phone calls that we are receiving. He got the neck collar off this am as well as the bandage on his scars and staples. 100 staples to remove in about 14 days. No fun but he has been incredibily strong and brave thru this all.
Again we thank all for your concern and look forward to seeing you all at nationals the end of the month. He asked today if he could go to Field Day this weekend in Boone. Quite comical how they think about things like that but that is what he loves to do. Don't think that he will be doing much this summer with the cattle and probably will have to have sis show his heifers at nationals because they don't want anything to hit his head. No football this fall either but next year he will be able to play.
Thanks again for all your prayers and concern.
Kris

shortyjock89

Kris,

Good to hear that he's moving along in his recovery.  We're all pulling for him too.

Olson Family

TJ

Although I haven't posted until now, I prayed for him yesterday when I first read this thread.  Glad to hear that he is doing better & I hope that he keeps on recovering.

TJ

shorty gal

Kris, if there is anything we can do to help this weekend at Boone let us know.

Amy & Carly Main

sigsigns

Amy:
Thanks. We have had soo many offers and we appreciate all of them. They aren't taking the 9 that we were going to just a couple for Ash and 1 for Payton. Ashley has an MRI this morning for a knee injury but she is able to function a little but not do much but show.
Cody had another shower this am and it is looking like Friday at the soonest. He gets wiped out really easily but tries soo hard. It is really hard for him because he is missing drivers ed. When he looks in the mirror he gets scared and frightened by his appearance all swollen and over 120 staples in his head. I am soo proud of how strong a boy he is being on the outside but probably terrified on the inside.
Just check with Pam Berg or Cindy H or whoever is working on the check in and program. That is the big thing that they will need help with. The rest I think with either fall into place and if not I am sure the show will still happen just might not be like in the past.
Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.
Kris

sigsigns

Wanted to give all an update on Cody's condition. He is doing well after returning home last Friday evening. He is moving better eveyday. His hair is growing back slowly and he gets his numerous staples out next Tuesday. A day that I know he dreads because there are soo many to come out. He is still having some pain and the Tylenol with codine helps that. His appetite isn't good because of the codine and he has lost some weight that he didn't need to loose. He is really self conscious of his appearance but that gets a little better everyday. His bruising around his right eye is better everyday but the white of his eye will be blood red for quite some time. The swelling around the incisions is almost completely gone which is nice. He kinda looks like Cody again except for the mohawk that he is sporting. Hopefully by Junior Nationals he will have enough that was shaved close so that we can even it out a bit.
He will not be showing this summer and no football this fall. He is trying to go to his drivers ed classes every other day for 2 hours so that he doesn't loose that as well. He is completely wiped out when he gets back from that. He sleeps more than he is awake yet but that improves each day.
We would all like to thank everyone for their cards, balloons and candy that have been sent. He hasn't gotten into the candy yet but I am sure that will come. Your thoughts and prayers were and still are very much appreciated. We all realized what a great cattle family we really do have.
Bless all and have a great summer.
Kris Vogel