College Baseball

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

Anybody out there College Baseball fans ? Any thoughts on who will make it to Omaha ? My Georgia team is 34-17-1 and have been ranked in the Top 10 for a good part of the year and are the regular season SEC Champions. I think they have a good shot at making it but, I am a little biased. They have one of the top homerun hitters in the NCAA and a closer that has nearly 40 career saves so .....................who knows ?...................... I think the talent is there so it could hapen...........?!?!?!
GO DAWGS  (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog)

sawboss

HUGE College Baseball fan here, my dream vacation is to attend the CWS in Omaha before my sons get out of school.  Here in Texas we have several teams with a shot at making it to the big dance, Texas, Rice, Texas A&M and others.  We attend every home series for our local team at Stephen F. Austin and watch from the left field fence, cook on the grill and have a great family outing.  Very cheap entertainment if you love baseball, $0 admission and we live 3 miles from the park so travel expense is minimal.  The great thing about college ball is the kids still have a love for the game and play with heart, unlike the over paid steroid shooting spoiled pros.  We had our first All-American last year and it is fun to keep up with his progress in the Minors, my sons also get to meet all of the players and coaches after the games when they stop by to eat a bite with us.

P.S.  Shortdawg does Georgia have a kid named Whitamore on the team?

RSC

shortdawg said:
Anybody out there College Baseball fans ? Any thoughts on who will make it to Omaha ? My Georgia team is 34-17-1 and have been ranked in the Top 10 for a good part of the year and are the regular season SEC Champions. I think they have a good shot at making it but, I am a little biased. They have one of the top homerun hitters in the NCAA and a closer that has nearly 40 career saves so .....................who knows ?...................... I think the talent is there so it could hapen...........?!?!?!
GO DAWGS  (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog)
Go Huskers.  College baseball for us is a great family sport.  We didn't make it to any games this year but did have Husker season tickets for several years.  Been to the CWS  a couple times.  Our new ballpark in Lincoln is a great venue to watch a game for a young family like mine.  If you sit in the Burm seating the kids can go right next door to a shaded playground with a rubber surface.  Safe place close by for the kids to play and you can still enjoy rooting on your Huskers.  The wife wanted to go Sunday for Mothers Day for the A & M double Header, didn't make but now wish we would of as it was a barn burner. 

CWS:It's been a big conversation in Nebraska lately as we just signed a deal with the NCAA to keep it here through 2030.  Omaha had to agree to put up a new $140 Mil+ park downtown.  It should make for a great venue with the Old Market District next door for all the College fans to enjoy.

RSC

itk

I love all types of baseball but I don't really have a favorite college team. My brother-in-law has coached all over the country and is currently coaching at Barton County in Great Bend. We have gone to the CWS the last few years and it has to be the greatest college event (even better then March Madness.) He also coached in the Cape Cod League where Tony Gywnn's son and Barry Bonds nephew were on his team. He also coached a kid who is now playing for the Marlins.

stumpy

ITK, I didn't know that you had relatives in our part of the world. If your ever down give us a call. I always want to go to a Barton game but keep on finding things to do that keep me from it. maybe someday I will make it.

Lindsey Farms

Im a huge college baseball fan, and of course i have to go with my Fightin Texas Aggies. Even though we had a minor let down last weekend in nebraska we still have a chance to win the regular season Big12. The Aggies have a real legitimate shot of making it to Omaha this year.

red

I think OSU, that's the ones in Ohio, always have a fairly good team. Not a big baseball fan although the Red's are still one of my dad's greatest passions!

Red

RSC

Lindsey Farms said:
Im a huge college baseball fan, and of course i have to go with my Fightin Texas Aggies. Even though we had a minor let down last weekend in nebraska we still have a chance to win the regular season Big12. The Aggies have a real legitimate shot of making it to Omaha this year.
Sorry, your let down was our triumph!  Hopefully there will be 2 Big 12 teams in Omaha.  I'd say you guys, Us and Okie State all have a legite shot.  Will always root for A & M second.  Rob Childress is a great coach, hated to see him go.

RSC

RSC

ESPN.com's projections for the Tourney!

And now, the bracket:

Coral Gables Regional: Miami (#1 national seed), Florida, St. John's, Bethune-Cookman
Palo Alto Regional: Stanford, Pepperdine, UC Davis, Fresno State

Cary Regional: North Carolina (#2 national seed), UNC Wilmington, Elon, Monmouth
Nashville Regional: Vanderbilt, Virginia, Missouri, Lipscomb

Tallahassee Regional: Florida State (#3 national seed), Southern Miss, Mississippi, Troy
Ann Arbor Regional: California, Michigan, Notre Dame, Wright State

Tempe Regional: Arizona State (#4 national seed), UC Irvine, Santa Clara, Canisius
Fullerton Regional: Cal State Fullerton, San Diego, Oregon State, Stony Brook

Houston Regional: Rice (#5 national seed), Long Beach State, Texas, Columbia
Stillwater Regional: Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Oral Roberts, Missouri State

Lincoln Regional: Nebraska (#6 national seed), Wichita State, TCU, Kent State
Columbia Regional: Coastal Carolina, South Carolina, Charlotte, College of Charleston

Athens Regional: Georgia (#7 national seed), Georgia Tech, Washington, Jacksonville State
Greenville Regional: NC State, East Carolina, Kentucky, Navy

College Station Regional: Texas A&M (#8 national seed), Arizona, Dallas Baptist, UTSA
Baton Rouge Regional: LSU, New Orleans, Tulane, Southern

Quick thoughts: This version has three top seeds traveling because of various factors. California travels to Michigan because Berkeley lacks lights, as well as the NCAA's desire to expand the game outside the Sun Belt/West Coast. It probably won't happen because of its poor conference standing, but South Carolina could host as a two seed since it's unclear whether Coastal Carolina will be able to play on campus and the minor league park in Myrtle Beach is unavailable this year. And with national seed North Carolina hosting in Cary, the NCAA might not want a regional down the road in Raleigh this year, which could result in the Wolfpack making the 80-mile trip to Greenville. … There should probably be one more regional in the west, but someone will need to finish hot down the stretch to secure it. UC Irvine, Arizona and Long Beach State are the best bets to host if the NCAA decides to go that route, likely at the expense of one of the four SEC schools currently slated to host. … We could see a regional in the true sense of the word at Alex Box Stadium in Baton Rouge; all four teams are from either Baton Rouge or New Orleans, which is just 80 miles down the road. The regionals in Stillwater, Columbia and Palo Alto would also help the NCAA keep travel costs under control.

aj

witchita state university is pretty big in baseball. I'd have too root for them. My niece played basketball at wsu and is dating a pitcher. And no its not noland ryan.