College Football

Help Support Steer Planet:

pjkjr4

Anybody else glad that the upcoming season is less than a month away? I'm not a baseball fan, so it's been much too long since college basketball was over.

Who's your team? How do you expect them to do? Who's your rival? Who do you open up with, and where?

Oklahoma State Cowboy fan here. We open up with Georgia at home on Sep 5th. We're rated in the top ten in many polls to start the season. The first game will tell us exactly where we are as a program. THe other 2 pivitol games will be versus Texas at home, and Oklahoma (Bedlam)  (argue) on the road thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully that will be for the Big 12 south championship, and a shot at the National Title Game. (clapping)

jason

I am K-state Wildcat fan, but not expecting much this year.  Prince left the program pretty down and it will take a few seasons to get turned around. 

Big 12 North doesn't have anything to compete with the Big 12 south this year, our best shot will be KU or nebraska, but they still don't have the guns.

RSC

The Big 12 should be a blast this season!  Can't wait! GO BIG RED!

Attachments

• MemorialStadium.jpg
    MemorialStadium.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 421

Vacanballs

Former Oklahoma State and Ohio State Athlete..

GO POKES and GO BUCKS!

I'll be at that Okstate/Georgia game.. Very exciting year ahead!

RSC

Vacanballs said:
Former Oklahoma State and Ohio State Athlete..

GO POKES and GO BUCKS!

I'll be at that Okstate/Georgia game.. Very exciting year ahead!
I will be at all but 1 Nebraska homegame!  Gave up our OU tickets to our church auction!

Tony

jlingle

I'm an Oklahoma State fan as well.  I'm REALLY excited about this year and the Cowboy's team. 

pokes.jpg

I used to root for the cowboys AND the sooners, and only root against the ou sooners when they were playing osu.  Not anymore.  After this year's bedlam baseball series, I now understand why Cowboy fans hate the Sooners so badly.  We sat in a section full of about 200 of the biggest idiot OU fans on planet earth.  It was truly embarrassing.  I'm done with the Sooners.  I can understand why folks would continue to support them, but I just don't want to be associated with the type of folks I saw at that game.  Sad sad sad..... almost as bad as LSU fans and Les Miles.

oakbar

I'm the lone Hawkeye fan in my house!!  Go Hawks!!  They have a chance to be better this year than last--and last year wasn't too bad!!     

I suppose I'll have to go to at least one Cyclones game just to make the management and students happy, though.  Oh well, they have an awesome marching band with a couple of local kids on it so halftime should be entertaining anyway.

aj

I have been a K-State since Jim dickey and rainsburger were coaches. I remember when Dickey redshirted the entire  offensive line one year. Made sports illustrated. The next year they made a bowl. I knew Amos Donaldson who was on the team. I like K-states schedule. They play a couple school for the blinds early on and then they have ucla on the road. Then they run into Iowa State and a and m next(whose programs are down). If K-State could pull a win over ucla,iowa state and a and m early they could get the ball rolling. if they could go 6-0 early they pull a couple more upsets...or things could get ugly. Last I knew no. 95 jeffry Fitzgerald may be K-States hope. A defensive lineman with nfl capability. Droped out of virginia and put back on track. Didn't play last year. Suh from Nebraska scares me. K.U. is good unless their qb goes down. Big 12 south looks dominent. I basically hate N.U.,O.U., and C.U.. Nebraska has great fans unless they are club calf people. Anyone heard the phrase"Thank god for mama Selmon!". Leroy was my hero....Pro hall of fame. I always liked N.U.'s center Remington. He didn't do well in the pros though. Lucious and Dewey not bad Selmon boys. Colorado State University always appealed to me. Till they fired there coach! Osbornes ad gig really increased their walk-on program as I understand it. My two favorite teams are K-State and who ever is playing K.U.. I like the Iowa State fans. Tough bunch of people. OSU a good ag school....hope they do well. Wasn't there a Sanders that came out of that program? I had a servi-tech guy who was a defensive end on barry's team at Oklahoma State. I do know that it was guttless for Nebraska's old coach to publicly attack K-States quarterback for choosing K-States over Nebraska. What a big man. A 50 year old man criticizing a 17 year old kid in public cause he dare go to K-State. Nebraska has turned the corner though. They have traditon. I still hate that bastard old Nebraska coach. Can't remember his name. Oh yea Callahan. What a class act. Anyway go big 12.

shortdawg

Dawg Fan for sure ! I guess we will get a test early this year by heading out to OK State. Should be a great game but it will be tough to win out there for sure. Stafford is gone as QB so there is some uncertianty at that position. Joe Cox is a pretty good QB and has played well in limited action. I look for us to move back to the old UGA and run a lot more. Our O-line should be one of the best in the Nation if they all stay healthy. Time will tell ?
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  DAAAAAAAAWWWGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSS ! (dog)

pjkjr4

Hey Shortdawg, any chance you could come to the game? If so.....I promise you all the food and drink (cola, water, and adult beverages) you can stand before and after the game at our family's tailgate. Tickets though.....well you're on your own. No single game tickets for this game. If you want to attend this one, you have to buy from a scalper (those are fairly reasonable.....scalping is illegal in Oklahoma) or StubHub, Ebay, etc. Lot's of hype for this game. I thought we'd have a chance for ESPN Gameday here, but I guess they'll be in Atlanta for Alabama/Va Tech.

shortdawg

Got my season tickets today and I should be getting OK State tickets according to the priority cut-off. If we sre finished harvesting tobacco by then I will be coming. I know several folks in the area and can always check out some calves too !

Davis Shorthorns

GO CATS!!!  I think that KSU will go to a bowl game at 6-6 this year.  I have been talking to some people that are related to players and they are saying that everyone on the team has a great amount of respect for Bill Snyder more so than they ever did for prince.  I think that this will equal some more wins for the team this year.  Nebraska will win the north, and Texas will win the south.  OK State might give them a run for it though. 

pjkjr4

USA Today coaches poll out now.....Florida #1 (surprise) Texas #2, OU #3. My Pokes start out at #11......ugh. Top 2 teams in our division ar 2 and 3. Makes it kinda tough to win championships when you have to play those 2 every year.