COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

gatorbait

Sorry about sulking so long losing takes some serious readjustment it sure hasn't happened much since I've been an undergrad. I reckon whoppin and a hollerin on university avenue was getting old not sure people would have turned out anyway. ;) Congradulations to Auburn and Lsu for playing a great game against us. both games were close and broke my heart. If Urban continues to lose to Auburn we will fire him j.k. but common man. The Kentucky game this weekend will be very interesting. I'm glad they won maybe the boys in orange and blue will take them seriously they better.

TJ

gatorbait said:
Sorry about sulking so long losing takes some serious readjustment it sure hasn't happened much since I've been an undergrad. I reckon whoppin and a hollerin on university avenue was getting old not sure people would have turned out anyway. ;) Congradulations to Auburn and Lsu for playing a great game against us. both games were close and broke my heart. If Urban continues to lose to Auburn we will fire him j.k. but common man. The Kentucky game this weekend will be very interesting. I'm glad they won maybe the boys in orange and blue will take them seriously they better.

Florida is facing a must win situation.  Plus, with KY being ranked in the top 10 & with ESPN Gameday in Lexington, I see absolutely no way that the Gators will give anything except their very best effort.  What worries me the most are those facts combined with the fact that we played LSU in 3 OT's & are a bit more banged up than I'd like to see us going into this game.  It also means that the Gators will have fresher leggs.  I also worry about our team handling the spotlight, especially after what happened at South Carolina!!  Hopefully, they learned a valuable leason.  Anyway, the Gators have every possible advantage that I see except for the homefield advantage.  It is going to be an interesting game.  Let's just hope that both teams play injury free football & that they leave it all out on the field!!         

TJ

TJ said:
gatorbait said:

Florida is facing a must win situation.  Plus, with KY being ranked in the top 10 & with ESPN Gameday in Lexington, I see absolutely no way that the Gators will give anything except their very best effort.  What worries me the most are those facts combined with the fact that we played LSU in 3 OT's & are a bit more banged up than I'd like to see us going into this game.  It also means that the Gators will have fresher leggs.   I also worry about our team handling the spotlight, especially after what happened at South Carolina!!  Hopefully, they learned a valuable leason.  Anyway, the Gators have every possible advantage that I see except for the homefield advantage.  It is going to be an interesting game.  Let's just hope that both teams play injury free football & that they leave it all out on the field!!           

Congrats on the win, Gatorbait!  You guys have a really good football team & I knew that you would play your hearts out against us!  Actually, on a netural field, I think that Florida is better than LSU, IMHO.  Your fast D-linemen were the difference in the game, IMHO.  Had they not sacked Woodson & pressured him so many times, I think the outcome might have been different, so my hat is off to your d-line.  Also, Tebow & the spread option offense really caused us problems a few times today.  The Gators are the 1st team all year to put up more than 34 points on us in regulation & we've played a few REALLY GOOD offensive teams, but your offense is IMHO, the best that we've faced so far.   

I though that we played a pretty good game ourselves, but it just wasn't quite good enough.  I was only disappointed with Woodson making those three bad passes in the 1st half that all could've been touchdowns (we lost 11 points on those 2 drives), our O-line allowed too much pressure on the QB and I wasn't overly happy about our kicking game/coverage.  However, Woodson did pass for 400+ yards & 5 TD's & we put up a little over 500 yards on offense, so I shouldn't be too critical of him or our offense. 

With all that said, it's time to focus on our next opponent, Miss State.  After playing 3 elite opponents back to back to back... I hope that we don't overlook them!!  Also, I wish that we had a bye week this week instead of next week... we could use it right now!  We've really missed Rafael Little the last few weeks becasue he is such a threat in the passing game (screens & a safety valve) & our other RB's (while very good runners) are not huge pass catching threats.  I am also beginning to wonder if Keenan Burton will ever be 100% healthy for an entire game... I keep waiting for him to have a big break out game & play like he has in seasons past, but it just hasn't happened yet this season.  Several others are battling nagging injuries and/or the flu bug.  Also, our starting CB, Paul Warford, could be back in a week or 2.. so hopefully we can use that week off after the Miss State game to recover & hopefully we will be fairly healthy to close our season out against Vandy, UGA & UT. 

Kinda sad that we lost because right now EVERYBODY in the SEC East has 2 losses except for Vandy (who has 3)!!  That race is wild & it seems to be getting wilder!!  Florida is probably now the favorite to win it, but it's way too close to call.  Before the season, I figured that we'd finish 10-2 & we've still got a shot at doing that.  If we finish 10-2, I will be jumping for joy!!  It's time to regroup & go out & beat some  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  from Mississippi!!     

shortdawg

Man, did the SEC East just get interesting ! Vandy is very under- rated; they have a defense that can flat play ball. Just ask the Old Ball Coach  ;D. As much as I'd like for UGA to win the East, I'll have to agree with TJ in saying that I think FL probably has the best shot now. It could come down to tie - breakers, final regular season rankings and all like it did a few years ago with UGA, FL, and UT.  It will be a fun ride. GOOOOOOOO  (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog)

TJ

shortdawg said:
Man, did the SEC East just get interesting ! Vandy is very under- rated; they have a defense that can flat play ball. Just ask the Old Ball Coach  ;D. As much as I'd like for UGA to win the East, I'll have to agree with TJ in saying that I think FL probably has the best shot now. It could come down to tie - breakers, final regular season rankings and all like it did a few years ago with UGA, FL, and UT.  It will be a fun ride. GOOOOOOOO  (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog)

This week I am UGA's #1 fan!!  ;)  ;D I will be rooting for Georgia like never before!!  GO  Georgia  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)!!  BEAT those SWAMP LIZARDS!!  (clapping) 

gatorbait

TJ said:
TJ said:
gatorbait said:

Florida is facing a must win situation.  Plus, with KY being ranked in the top 10 & with ESPN Gameday in Lexington, I see absolutely no way that the Gators will give anything except their very best effort.  What worries me the most are those facts combined with the fact that we played LSU in 3 OT's & are a bit more banged up than I'd like to see us going into this game.  It also means that the Gators will have fresher leggs.  I also worry about our team handling the spotlight, especially after what happened at South Carolina!!  Hopefully, they learned a valuable leason.  Anyway, the Gators have every possible advantage that I see except for the homefield advantage.  It is going to be an interesting game.  Let's just hope that both teams play injury free football & that they leave it all out on the field!!         

Congrats on the win, Gatorbait!  You guys have a really good football team & I knew that you would play your hearts out against us!  Actually, on a netural field, I think that Florida is better than LSU, IMHO.  Your fast D-linemen were the difference in the game, IMHO.  Had they not sacked Woodson & pressured him so many times, I think the outcome might have been different, so my hat is off to your d-line.  Also, Tebow & the spread option offense really caused us problems a few times today.  The Gators are the 1st team all year to put up more than 34 points on us in regulation & we've played a few REALLY GOOD offensive teams, but your offense is IMHO, the best that we've faced so far.   

I though that we played a pretty good game ourselves, but it just wasn't quite good enough.  I was only disappointed with Woodson making those three bad passes in the 1st half that all could've been touchdowns (we lost 11 points on those 2 drives), our O-line allowed too much pressure on the QB and I wasn't overly happy about our kicking game/coverage.  However, Woodson did pass for 400+ yards & 5 TD's & we put up a little over 500 yards on offense, so I shouldn't be too critical of him or our offense. 

With all that said, it's time to focus on our next opponent, Miss State.  After playing 3 elite opponents back to back to back... I hope that we don't overlook them!!  Also, I wish that we had a bye week this week instead of next week... we could use it right now!  We've really missed Rafael Little the last few weeks becasue he is such a threat in the passing game (screens & a safety valve) & our other RB's (while very good runners) are not huge pass catching threats.  I am also beginning to wonder if Keenan Burton will ever be 100% healthy for an entire game... I keep waiting for him to have a big break out game & play like he has in seasons past, but it just hasn't happened yet this season.  Several others are battling nagging injuries and/or the flu bug.  Also, our starting CB, Paul Warford, could be back in a week or 2.. so hopefully we can use that week off after the Miss State game to recover & hopefully we will be fairly healthy to close our season out against Vandy, UGA & UT. 

Kinda sad that we lost because right now EVERYBODY in the SEC East has 2 losses except for Vandy (who has 3)!!  That race is wild & it seems to be getting wilder!!  Florida is probably now the favorite to win it, but it's way too close to call.  Before the season, I figured that we'd finish 10-2 & we've still got a shot at doing that.  If we finish 10-2, I will be jumping for joy!!  It's time to regroup & go out & beat some  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  from Mississippi!!     

Awesome game I was suffering from anxiety the whole time. Statistically our defense didn't play well but I was very pleased with them because the managed a pass rush for  the first time all year. Caldwell also made a huge deference on offense everyone talks about Harvin but Caldwell is right there with him if he had been health for Auburn and    Lsu those games could have been very different. We also need Riley Cooper back the deep threat he brings is unreal. I was worried Meyer was going to loss the game at the end because on the drive before our last he got too conservative with his play calling. In the Sec you go big or go home. That deep bomb to Harvin when nobody expected it won the game Meyer should have sat on it there for2 downs in V formation and run time off the clock then tried to punch it in. Favorite play of the game Tim Tebow jump pass. What happened to Vandy Steve's just not supposed to lose that kinda game. Shortdawg you going to Jacksonville? I'll be at a little bumkin show in Alachua hopefully someone will have a Tv.

Tim Tebow once arm wrestled Superman the loser had to jump over buildings in his underwear.

shortdawg

I haven't been in a long time but, if it's too wet to harvest peanuts, I might go. Today was the first day we were able to harvest since last Wed. but, it's raining again right now. I always get tickets with my season package but I usually sell them and listen to it on the radio in the tractor. I think it will be a good game if the right GA team shows up. That game gets in GA's head more than any other all year. When they go down there they usually play not to lose instead of playing to win. I guess we'll see on Sat. Good luck and may the best team win !  (dog)

TJ

Shortdawg... Beat those Swamp Lizards tomorrow!!  Go UGA  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)!!

I would also say "Go Vols", but I just can't get those 2 words to come out together.  Plus, I'd have to wash my mouth out with soap & bleach afterwards if I did say it.  (lol)

I don't know what to think about our game against Miss State tomorrow.  As of tonight... Little's out, Dixon's out, Burton's out, Micah Johnson's out, J. Williams is out & Warford is out.  All those are starters!!  Several others are banged up... we get a bye week after this game & we need it.  Even without all those players, I expect to win by at least a couple of TD's, but they are 4-4 & they beat Auburn @ Auburn, so they aren't a bad team.  On paper, I still can't see this one being all that close, but we just played LSU & Florida back to back, plus, with all these injuries & knowing that the Miss St Bulldogs are going to be sky high & wanting to pull the upset, I just have a bad feeling about this game!!  I also expect the crowd to be pretty thin & they probably wont be very lively due to the fact that we aren't playing a powerhouse.  So, even though it's a homegame, I don't know how much homefield advantage that we will really have.  Also, we will have to rely on our 3rd & 4th string RB's, Alfonso Smith & Derrick Locke.  While those 2 have lots of speed & talent, I worry about them lasting an entire game & I hope that neither of them gets hurt.  If anybody's interested, the game will be shown live on Lincoln Financial, a Regional Broadcast in the Southeastern US... it will also be available on ESPN Gameplan.  Game time is 12:30 Eastern & 11:30 Central.  I really hope that we play well tomorrow!! 

TJ

My worst fears became a reality... we lost 31-14!!   :eek:   :(  :'(   Miss State was really fired up, we were beat up & it got worse as the game went on, we came out flat, our players were trying to make big plays & it resulted in SEVEN TURNOVERS!!   Derrick Locke got hurt in the 1st half & that was the nail in the coffing with Little & Dixon both out.  Also, Miss States D-line whipped our O-line, particularly our RT who got abused all game long!!   Still, as bad as it looked at imes, as the game went on, we started playing better & didn't quit.  We actually started playing with some passion, but had already dug overselves a deep hole.  Our D played very well toward the end (minus 1 big play), but the O was trying too hard to make the big play & gave Miss State a short field way too many times.  Also, Woodson had to throw & Miss State knew that, so they were able to pin their ears back & rush the QB unrelentlessly & without Burton, Miss State was able to cover our other guys & forced Woodson to throw 3 late interceptions trying to make the big play. 

What can I say?  WE GOT WHIPPED!! We were looking forward to the bye week & MSU was looking forward to stomping us & they did.   But, now we get that much needed bye week.  We really need it!!  After that bye week, we close out the season with Vandy, UGA & UT.

And in other SEC action..

UGA empties the bench & a bunch of  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)  (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)   (dog)  (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)  (dog)   (dog)  (dog)  (dog)   (dog)   (dog)  (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)   (dog)  (dog)   (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)   (dog)   (dog)  (dog)   (dog)   (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog) ran out onto the field & celebrate the TD against the Swap Lizards!!   (cow)  (cow)  (cow)  (cow)  (cow)  (cow)  (cow) (lol)    I love this!!!!!!   ;D  Rip em up BULLDOGS!!   (clapping)

Don't look now, but UGA just might win this thing!!  :eek:  ;D  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)

shortdawg

42-30  ;D (clapping) ;D (clapping) (dog) (dog) (dog)

Man you got to love the team running on the field after the score!  That really set the tone for the day! Six sacks on superman! The deep balls, running game, and defense were all great today. We played to win today !

TJ, We know how you feel ( remember our game in TN ) ?

However, for tonight only I am a TN fan ( that hurt )!

It will be interesting the rest of the year.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog)

TJ

shortdawg said:

Man you got to love the team running on the field after the score!  That really set the tone for the day! Six sacks on superman! The deep balls, running game, and defense were all great today. We played to win today !

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog)

Shortdawg... I told you that you guys weren't out of this race.  I had a guy come pick up a bull during the game, so I missed the middle part of the game, but I saw the beginning & the ending.  I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!  (clapping)  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)  (clapping) ;D 

I still wont say "Go Vols", but I am sure not upset at the 21-0 score!  I  hope they win. 

RE our game... Yeah, a lot of teams have played a stinker game this year.  We played downright awful at times today, but I had a real bad feeling about this game & I hated hearing our players talk all week about how they were looking forward to the bye week so they could get healed up (looking past MSU if you ask me!) & I was told that spirits weren't very high either.  We obviously didn't have our heads screwed on straight today & MSU's line dominated us & I mean dominated.  We played much worse than we did in the South Carolina game, if that is possible, but MSU played awfully well too. Hopefully, this bye week will help us because we close out with Vandy, UGA & UT & we could possibly lose all 3. 

This week... Kentucky lost, South Florida lost, Florida lost, South Carolina is losing, Virginia Tech lost, Southern Cal lost, Rutgers lost... that's a lot of top teams losing in 1 week. 

BTW, Only 3 more weeks until UK plays UGA. 

Doc

shortdawg said:

Shortdawg, By saying that just remember "the truth shall set you free", I knew you were pretty smart!!! GO VOLS!!!! ;D

Show Heifer

How about my Hawks??  Beat MI St in over time!!! Sorry DL, I enjoyed every minute of it!! (clapping)

And what about Ohio State??  Beating Penn State, AT Penn State....I think some of you will be surprised what would happen if OH State would play some of those "southern power teams"... that is, if the officials would "let'em play"!!!!  ;D

AAOK

Speaking of Hawks, how about those Kansas Jayhawks?  8 wins, 0 loses for the first time in 98 years.  Mark Mangino is a shoe-in for Coach of the Year!!!!

TJ

I wanted to calm down before I posted this... 

Here is a picture of one of the called "fumbles" yesterday that resulted in a turnover going against UK.  The video where this picture originated, was shown on the big screen, in the stadium, right after the play happened.  Despite virtually everyone in the stadium seeing the indisputable evidence that clearly showed that the players knee was indeed down well before the fumble & despite nearly everyone in the stadium booing the called "turnover",  the replay booth didn't bother to stop the game to review this play.  We deserved to get beat yesterday, but we were only down by 10, with plenty of time left on the clock & we were driving down the field.  If this play had been called properly, we may have scored & that may or may not have made a difference.   My point in not to sound like "sour grapes", because we didn't play well enough to deserve to win yesterday.  But, my point is that replay officials needs to be called out for junk like this, especially when they don't review plays like this one & particularly when that play can impact a game.  Isn't that is what replay was for???  BTW, I saw Missouri get hosed by the replay booth earlier this year on a TD catch (although they won that game easily) & whenever the replay booth blows calls that are obvious to everyone watching, it makes me furious, even if it doesn't involve a team that I am cheering for.  I mean if they aren't going to replay these types of calls & if they aren't going to overturn calls when there is clearly evidence to overturn the call, then why even have replay???   I can take getting beat, but I can't take replay refs who refuse to make the right call.   :mad:  Sorry for the rant... I just needed to vent a little bit!!  Here is the pic...

****Edited to note... I just watched the game again.  I was wrong, they did review the call, so I was wrong about that part.  However, they apparently didn't see that his knee was down.  The LF Broadcast didn't ever show this exact angle, so maybe the replay booth didn't see it either. ???  It was clearly a very bad call, but maybe the replay refs are justified this time and I just wanted to point that out after calling them out.  TJ *****

Attachments

• tamme's knee is clearly down.jpg
    tamme's knee is clearly down.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 195

TJ

AAOK said:
Speaking of Hawks, how about those Kansas Jayhawks?  8 wins, 0 loses for the first time in 98 years.  Mark Mangino is a shoe-in for Coach of the Year!!!!

My hat is off to them.  Although they haven't played a great schedule, IMHO, any team that is 8-0, in major college football, is legit.   

shortdawg

Doc, I guess beating the team that embarassed the team that embarassed you is a little peotic justice for us, huh ? Would you trade us for FL ???

Latest posts