College Football

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

Kansas doesn't have a defense.

Stanford is probably mad that the current quarterback didn't play against Norte dame otherwise they would be sitting pretty.

They made several mistakes tonight and still beat Oregon.

Gargan

looks like the bcs is shaping up to have another sec vs sec national championship. look whose behind notre dame in #2, 3, and 4. good chance usc will beat the irish next weekend. what a bore if the title game has 2 sec teams in it again.  ::)

jason

::)

Baylor got KSU off their game.  We couldn't generate a pass rush and conversely they had constant pressure on Klein.  The loss of Zimmerman was a huge factor as our safety play was extremely inconsistent.

Get a win this weekend and still a heck of a season.  It is tough to go undefeated in college football, wouldn't be surprised if ND dropped one to USC (if Barkley plays).

chambero

I like seeing ND have a chance at it - if they take care of business this week.  I doubt they'll beat whoever ends up 2, but we'll see. 

bcosu

I love how every espn analyst is already saying that florida doesn't have a shot at winning in tallahassee this weekend but yet florida state somehow doesn't deserve to be in the national title conversation. if they win out, they are probably the most impressive team in my eyes even if they do play in a "lesser" conference.

jason

-XBAR- said:
Barkley's out- I'm really looking for USC to test them in LA but ND's D is too stout.  Irish by 10.

I'd give the nod to Notre Dame then.  My hope was for Oregon to lose, and KSU and Notre Dame to win out.  I felt KSU had a shot against Notre Dame, but thought Oregon's offense would be too much, and I didn't want any part of Alabama.

bryan6807

Love ND and Coach Kelly. The guy wins everywhere he goes. Notre Dames defense is good enough to help them beat anyone in the country and I think they have just enough offense to get the job done. Teo is the best defensive player I have seen in a long time.

trevorgreycattleco

Norte Dame will beat USC and play Alabama or whoever comes out of the SEC. I like watching ND these days. They play hard. That linebacker is a beast. I hope the Browns draft him.

jason

trevorgreycattleco said:
Norte Dame will beat USC and play Alabama or whoever comes out of the SEC. I like watching ND these days. They play hard. That linebacker is a beast. I hope the Browns draft him.

Yeah, figures for my team (Chiefs), when they are probably drafting 1st or very close, we have a down qb class.  I was high on Geno Smith at the beginning of the year, but he has struggled down the stretch.  Not a fan of USC qbs, Landry Jones is meh, and unsure about Tyler Bray.

trevorgreycattleco

KC boggles my mind. Did they not watch Cleveland? Brady Quinn and Romeo? Oh and Peyton Hillis lol. The QB class is weak IMO. I really likes Boston Colleges QB. Rocket arm but very raw. Always seems the big college QB's never pan out or rarely. Weird.

jason

trevorgreycattleco said:
KC boggles my mind. Did they not watch Cleveland? Brady Quinn and Romeo? Oh and Peyton Hillis lol. The QB class is weak IMO. I really likes Boston Colleges QB. Rocket arm but very raw. Always seems the big college QB's never pan out or rarely. Weird.

Yeah, we are perpetually cursed, I know browns fans have went through the same thing.  At least you have took some shots on drafting a qb in the first round.  Our last first round qb draft pick was back in 1983. 

husker1

gotta throw my $.02 in....

Read yesterday that Notre Dame's vaunted defense has only played 1 team with an offense statistically rated in the top 50!  Perhaps that is part of the reason they look pretty stout, which I agree they do...Their offense is certainly not a juggernaut. 

As an interesting aside, Alabama's defense has only played 2 teams with top 50 rated offenses...and one of them thoroughly shredded the Alabama defense.

Parity is alive and well in college football. 

bcosu

husker1 said:

Read yesterday that Notre Dame's vaunted defense has only played 1 team with an offense statistically rated in the top 50!  Perhaps that is part of the reason they look pretty stout, which I agree they do...Their offense is certainly not a juggernaut. 

As an interesting aside, Alabama's defense has only played 2 teams with top 50 rated offenses...and one of them thoroughly shredded the Alabama defense.

amen.

GONEWEST

husker1 said:

1.Was so glad to hear the USC QB isn't playing. Not that I am glad anyone was hurt, but I don't believe Notre Dame could beat USC if he was healthy.
2.You know who has the best defensive player in the country, the upcoming #1 draft choice and it ain't Notre Dame.
3. Anyone in the SEC from  the top down to about Vanderbilt beats Notre Dame. The top 4 beat them by 30.
4. Don't be surprised if Oregon doesn't win out, either.

husker1

Gonewest...can't disagree with your comments....would elaborate by saying that I think there are quite a few teams (not just SEC teams) that could beat ND, especially if they come equipped with a pretty good offense.

Remember............................the team playing, perhaps, the best in the SEC right now.... is adopted!   ;)

FriedgesCharolais

The Big 12 is a tough place to play because any team can beat any team at any given time, if anyone remembers a year ago to the day that K State lost to Baylor, Iowa State beat #2 OK State

aj

Zimmerman really held K-States secondary together. If he ain't back for Texas.......it may be another blowout.