College Football

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

GONEWEST said:
I was just wondering if anyone besides shortdawg actually watched college football? And I feel so, so sorry for Arkansas, how that guy ever got another job after what he did to the Falcons is beyond imagination.

I know all about Petrino.  He coached at Louisville & left that program in a terrible mess.  He is a snake in the grass & has been for quite a while.  Why the Falcons were suprised that he did what he did to them, is beyond me... that's just the way that guy is & it should have been expected.  Probably was, if the truth be known.  Petrino actually snuck out of Louisville & flew down to Auburn to meet with them to become Tubberville's replacement, but Petrino & the Auburn officials got caught by the media.  Petrino will build Arkansas back into a good team, but when he gets another opportunity & better offer comes along, it will be bye, bye Arkansas.  Just the way the guy is.     

aj

K-State won tonight. I'm still sticking with them. Man I really liked Harold I think it was at defensive end. 99 I think. True freshman I think. Good feet...good wingspan.Xavier steuwart has failed to play yet. I have heard they may hold out some the juuco's guys in a redshirt type year. Anyone remember when Jim Dickey(the coach) held out K-States line for a year in say the early 80's. He set the starting offensive line out for a year to let them develop. They one like one game that year but the next year he took them to the independence bowl the next year. Amos Donaldson was one of the lineman(gaurd) from Norton Ks. I think Prince may be set in the little apple if they go (9-3) this year. I Suh playing for Nebraska this year. I always liked him but he has hurt lately.

frm_girl

WAR EAGLE!!!!   we're off to a good start this season!!!    :D :D  It's GREAT to be an Auburn tiger!!!!!

Davis Shorthorns

Ok I am still a K-Stater but I am getting on the East Carolina band wagon!  Anyone seen them yet they look good.

TJ

aj said:
Color me optimestic for K-State. I have them going 9-3.I think the cats may get beat by O.U. Missouri, and either Texas Tech or K.U.. |Since K-States schedule is soft earlier. Louisvile.Texas A.M. look terrible. Colorado will be beat up when ksu gets to them.Freeman hit like 9 different receivers last week with Lamark Brown even getting a touchdown. I think K.U. and N.U. may be beat up when the cats get to them. With both Moores playing again on defensive I have high hopes for state. They weren't to bad last year till Klein the nosetackle went down before the Nebraska game. If a teams quarter back goes down it could be a problem for most of the teams.

Louisville is not all that terrible, they just ran into a buzz saw defense in week 1.  They are not a superpower, but they are very athletic with some talent.  Don't underestimate them because they are probably better than I was originally giving them credit.  Their linebackers are better than I thought & they put up 51 points on the scoreboard yesterday.  Overlook them & KSU could have a big L beside that game. 

linnettejane

Davis Shorthorns said:
Ok I am still a K-Stater but I am getting on the East Carolina band wagon!  Anyone seen them yet they look good.

i had the unfortunate privilege of watching them "whoop" our butts.....they are good!  we played terrible...i didn't even bother watching the 4th quarter....

Ruchian

Did anyone else watch the Ohio state Ohio game and think that they played terribly.  If they play like that against USC they will get killed.  I would rather they beat USC since they are in the pac 10 and it would help the Ducks.  I also thought Florida played really bad until the 4th quarter.  East Carolina is looking really good though, they could be a BCS buster.

simtal

have to say congrats to ohio state, since they are the champions of ohio college football.  too bad thats the only title there gonna bring home to columbus.

I-L-L!

I-N-I!

shortdawg

Well we've got a trip to South Carolina to visit " The Old Ball Coach " this week. It will probably be an ugly game up there as it always is. He can just find ways to irritate the crap out of you with his teams. As bad as I hate to say it, that is the sign of a great coach, staying in games you shouldn't. Vandy got the best of them so the will be extra tough this week since they would be facing two losses in a row and certian death in the SEC East. I will be tough but I say we win 31-17 !  (dog)

I was a little surprised by the Ohio State game this week. That other Ohio team hung in there pretty good. I still hope they wax USC but that will be a tough task. East Carolina has to be the surprise team of the year. They've been compared to Hawaii but they are much better. Oklahoma is pretty good this year as well and I think they will make a pretty good run.

red

as usual the Buckeye's started out w/ 2 unranked teams. They did get a bit of a scare play OU Saturday. Cost them 2 places in poll ( ranked 5th now).
Big test will be next week in California.
Still a Buckeye fan but tired of bowl fiasco's.

Red

BIGTEX

Ohio State better watch out today. I think they are going down. I hope Texas takes care of  Arkansas, they are always tough.

TJ

Anything can happen, but OSU & Arkansas are very likely in over their heads today.

aj

K.U. got beat last night. K.S.U. doesn't play till wed at Louisville.It sounds like K-State has made Harrold their Starting Defensive end as a 18 year old true freshman. They moved Childs to other side behind Campbell. Could Harrold be the greatest end of K-Sates history? Walker was moved to outside linebacker? Was this because he missed tackles,mouthed off or what? Maybe it's those damn dreadlocks. Maybe he fits out there better. I think harrold may be a better run defender than Childs as he is bigger.

BIGTEX

cbcfarms said:
how bout them buckeyes? i wonder if beanie getting hurt was kind of a thing to mess with usc like what they had mark sanchez. he looked fine in the season opener for 4 quarters against a pitiful virginia team. i don't think anyone in the big ten can touch osu. with the amount of talent and as deep as they have i think there is a very good chance they could win a national championship. did anyone watch ucla and tennessee. for a contending sec team, tennessee couldn't do anything against an awful ucla team. any time a quarterback throws 4 picks in one half, there should be no chance that they are only down by one touchdown at halftime.

WOW! I was looking forward to a good game. Sooooo disappointing.

shortdawg

UGA had a tough one at S. Carolina  as expected but we got the win on the road which is what matters. I was especially proud of the fact that we out-defensed an excellent defensive team. AZ State got caught looking ahead to the game with us and got beat. They will be tough in their place next weekend since they will be facing the possibilty of losing two in a row. GO  (dog) (dog)

Latest posts