Color Question

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

We have this heifer calf that when she was born was red and white but know she is changing colors. She is out of a red and white appendix shorthorn and a main bull. When she was first born we thought she was out of our shorthorn bull but as you can see she is not. What color do you think she will be?? Could she turn blue?

Attachments

• Spring Fling and Prom 102a.JPG
    Spring Fling and Prom 102a.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 335
  • Delta, Bonnie, and ect 005a.JPG
    Delta, Bonnie, and ect 005a.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 336

ShowmanQ

Did you happen to get this heifer's dam off of Brad Linden/Generations Farm? He was telling me he had a customer call him and tell him about a heifer just as you are describing.

SKF

No She came from Diamond M Shorthorns out of IL.

Jill

Normally when they have the black nose and under skin like the eyes are in the 1st picture you can just about bet they will turn black if not a darker roan shade.

Rocky Hill Simmental

That happened to 2 of my family's commercial calves. Both were born a crimsion red color with a white face and when they got around 6 months old they got back tiger stripes and started turning real dark red until they were almost a red-ish black baldy color. But both of these calves came from a 1/4 buffalo (1/2 beefalo) sire. We sold the last calf we had like that just about a month ago. I might have a picture of her on my other computer. If I can find any I might upload them later.

Your heifer changed colors a lot but she still looks good. I like the blue ones.  :)