Color Question...

Help Support Steer Planet:

bluffcountrycattle

Does anybody know if I80 or Mercedes Benz are homozygous black??  I don't recall seeing any red ones advertised anywhere.  Looking to breed a black baldy Tiger Woods heifer, and trying to decide what would be best on her.  Thanks!

hntwhitetail

I've seen some colored up shorthorns out of I-80.....    as long as my memory is right.

bluffcountrycattle

thanks...that's my problem.  My memory isn't as good as it used to be!  I just thought with all the I80 calves hitting the ground this spring, someone might have seen one, or have one.  Tried to look up a few ads as well, and didn't see any red ones there either.

CAB

I know that you were asking about I-80 & Mercedes Benz Mark, but CTR Success is homo black and heifer safe. He does allot of things right and if you are lucky enough to get a heifer calf they will have style. He is heifer safe. I know that Freddy & ZNT have used him in the past. One of my favorite heifers here from last year is a Success out of a Freestyle 1st calf heifer and the heifer has cycled 4 times already and she was a very tail end March heifer calf. Brent

bluffcountrycattle

I should of re-phrased my question better... Actually some chrome, baldies, red, etc... wouldn't be a bad thing!  Since Tiger Woods is red, and she is a baldy, I was just curious what some of the possible color combos could be with either mating.  I just can't recall any pics of offspring out of them with "red"....  Does that help??  Thanks!

Latest posts