Comb vs Brush

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

Would someone that is way smarter out there explain to me why brushing grows hair much better than combing?  In my mind stimulating the skin should work much better than brushing the surface.

knabe

perhaps this is deceptive.  i would have to agree with you jill on the blood flow to the hair follicle.  in horses, the brushing gets the oil over the hair more, making it look thick, and perhaps not letting the tip dry out.

and just for grins, the spinny comb on a cordless drill works wonders on horses knots and loosens them up.  my farrier neighbor is starting to use it for therapy.  one interesting thing about the drill is, is that it generates a lot of static and a drill i the electricity came through the handle and startled me.  changed drills quick.

red

Jill, I think the rice brush stimulates the skin & hair better. Healthy skin equals better hair. Also you can brush easier when the animal is wet.

Red

Jill

I guess the reason I am asking is that my calves have so much hair, the brush really never gets down to the skin.

pigguy

i would say blower because it stimulates it all and much less time cumsuming. if i have a chance i will use the blower over the comb and the brush

OH Breeder

The brush not only promotes hair growth but is better at training hair than comb. The comb does not "break" the shaft like a brush does. The brush also will drag the natural oils with it through the rest of the hair.