Comments please...Update

Help Support Steer Planet:

squirt71

Here's a  couple pictures of my sister's RA show heifer. The first isn't that great, just another angle. Excuse the clip job, I only had a couple hours to do it the day before (we're both in college). She was on a show ration only 2 weeks before the show she was pictured at.  Any comments appreciated.

27051_376510351965_503386965_382144.jpg

27051_376510376965_503386965_382144.jpg

ROAD WARRIOR

Red Angus on a show steer site! Who would have thunk it <rock> Looks good - What age and pedigree is she? RW

Bulldaddy

You are being modest.  I think that is a pretty good clip job and the heifer must be an easy keeper if she has only been on feed for a couple of weeks.  I like her.  Good luck.

shortyjock89

I agree Mr. Fred. And she's a darn good one. If there were any RA's like that in my neck of the woods, I believe I'd try to get one or two...or ten.

Just curious, how'd she do at that show?

justintime

I like her a bunch! She is designed the way a good heifer should look, regardless what the judges in the show ring will tell you. I think you have a super heifer that is on her way to becoming a super cow. Congrats, and thanks for posting your picture.

squirt71

Thanks everyone.  She is a Late March heifer (she looks smaller because my sister is 6 foot tall, ha ha.) and she is out of Six Mile Trump Tower.  We were very disappointed at the show we went to, no other Reds to show against. The judge had absolutely nothing bad to say about her in her class, but when she was back in for Supreme, he didn't look at her once.  Granted, there were a lot of high quality animals there, but I thought she deserved at least a look.  That's why I posted the pics, I thought I was missing something that was wrong with her. ???

TPX

I really like the looks of the heifer, I admire her depth of body and her profile picture looks great.  She looks like a typical six mile bred female, with that being moderat framed but with loads of capacity.  We bought a bull at there sale this year and can't wait till next year when we get calves off of him.

rtmcc

COOL HEIFER! She looks like a breeding female should look.  Smooth, feminine and complete, not a steer with female genitalia.

She doesn't need to be fed much harder for me, even to show.  One thing about feeding the Red and Black Angus, its nothing like feeding the other show cattle genetics.  They are bred to convert feed efficiently, not just look pretty.
Keep us posted on how she does at your other shows.

Ron
<cowboy>

RAShower

Squirt that is one nice heifer!

I don't know how I missed this post but I came across it while I was researching some Six Mile bulls.

Would you please keep us updated as she grows (with pictures  ;D).

As for the judge not giving you a look in the final ring, don't be discouraged because you have a heifer that they all will need to improve their show stock. 8)

Show Heifer

RA Drover said:
Squirt that is one nice heifer!

I don't know how I missed this post but I came across it while I was researching some Six Mile bulls.

Would you please keep us updated as she grows (with pictures  ;D).

As for the judge not giving you a look in the final ring, don't be discouraged because you have a heifer that they all will need to improve their show stock. 8)

Yet again, a comment that makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmm (in reference to the fact that "successful show heifer" is not used in with "good cow" from another post)

But a very very  nice heifer... how is she developing?

lowann

Bulldaddy said:
You are being modest.  I think that is a pretty good clip job and the heifer must be an easy keeper if she has only been on feed for a couple of weeks.  I like her.  Good luck.
I agree!!
Very nice heifer!! Good job! (clapping)