Commercail female

Help Support Steer Planet:

Moocow11

I have a commercail female that i think might be able to raise a decent show calf(tell me if you think different), she needs to have her shoulders cleaned up, her neck cleaned up, and needs a butt with some more mass. tell me what you think of her?

P1010046.jpg

shortyjock89

Northern Improvement comes to mind.  You might also consider Lut.  If you want to get away from angus, Jake's Proud Jazz would work if your heifer was on the large side, but that's if you want to go the Shorthorn route.

OH Breeder

She is a heifer? If she is a cow, I would use Who Made Who. i really like the front ends he puts on his calves. agree with shorty jock. Total Solution is another option. Ther have been quiet a few popping up lately that are pretty cool.

DLD

Who was the first thing that came to my mind, too. I have lots of clients that use Who on heifers succesfully - as long the heifers have no bw issues of their own. Witch Doctor could work well on that one, too. I know Dr Who combines the two, but he's harder calving than either of them.

Moocow11

it doesn't matter to me I was just stateing that, i like smaller framed cattle, but if its a good calf then it dont really matter to me.

edit: the other one i had posted wasnt what i actually wanted to say srry

OH Breeder

Moocow11 said:
it does matter, i was just saying

You seem to be stuck on Dr. Who. The other heifer you wanted to breed to Dr. Who. Be Safe and Not Sorry. Go with a known calving ease bull. C-Sections and dead cows are not fun. ;)

shortdawg

Jake's Proud Jazz won't make her any bigger; but, he would make her thicker, cleaner fronted, and add more hair & style.

CAB

Kephart's Carney Man bull may work, Witch Doctor, Money Man, Next year, I might would try Hannibal on her.