Congrats to Dr.B and Barrel Racer

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

so 1680's not on the list (unless he has a different name) just like draftpick for PHA for so long?

RITO 2V1 OF 2536 1407
K M KEYSTONE 1913
CONNEALY FOUNDATION 426
CIRCLE S AT EASE 4221
THREE TREES LEXINGTON T0678
EFFICIENCY NFI
CONNEALY BLACK BARON OF SCAR 571A

bluffcountrycattle

Each AI stud will release the initial report on their own bulls...so for example those listed are bulls that Accelerated Genetics has in their line-up.  They are still all decendants of 1680.  Still waiting on the report from other studs...

kanshow

Might simplify if the AAA would compile the results & put them up so we don't have to go thru each bull directory to find the ancestors of those we are concerned about.

bluffcountrycattle

I agree, but I don't think the AAA was supportive of the AI studs releasing this information right now.  I think they wanted more concrete proof, but the AI studs felt obligated to provide the early info to their customers.  It's what I was told anyway.  I'm sure at a later date the AAA will have a complete listing of all carriers.  For now, the info released by the studs will shed some more light on the affected lines....

JSchroeder

The most interesting part of that list is in the pedigrees of those bulls.  C A Future Direction 5321 is the only connection three of them have to 1680.

red

Show Heifer said:
My best memory of a Christmas gift: Dad gave me PERMISSION to buy (my money) any heifer I wanted at an upcoming sale. That was the sale I realized I could pick'em, I just couldn't afford 'em!!  And yes, I was the kid that played with the box as much as what was in it. (Photo's, darn photos!)

We're totally hijacking the post but I still get a chuckle when you start your semen Christmas gifts searches.

Red

Show Heifer

mooch, I am not "giddy" over someone elses failures or problems (Ok maybe SOME select people, I am only human after all) but for the other 99% of the people I feel sorry for.
What I meant was, there was a lot of talk and fnger pointing and hiding behind the "sue happy" society and no information out to the little guy. Most of the sires were cleared, and for that, I am thankful. But for those who KNEW (and trust me, there were those that did) that their sire was a carrier and did not release the info, releasing this info for the general public is a great thing.  I am "giddy" for those getting what they deserve, I admit. For those others caught in this mess with carriers, they were innocent victims that due to their forthcoming-ness and honesty, I am sure they will recover just fine. For those that hid the fact and denied their carrier status, they wasn't in it for the long haul anyway, I this will just hasten their departure.

red, my christmas semen list is coming.....get out those ol' semen tank inventory list.....I have some tough ones this year.

j3cattleco

Here's a link with the list from the angus association.  I guess we now have TH PHA and Arthrogryposis
Multiplex also known as AM. http://www.angus.org/NAAB_release.pdf