Congress continues to be out of touch with American Ag! (Caution: Rant/NC)

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

I have been listening to the progression / comedy / joke of the House of Representatives' hearing on Farm Jobs and Immigration this morning.

SHAME on Congresswoman Loughgrin (sp) for inviting Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert as an EXPERT witness on farm labor!  (He spent one day visiting farm workers....hence his expertise!)

KUDOS to the Committee Chairman for throwing him out of the official hearing.

Agriculture used to be taken seriously in this nation.  Now they either ignore it or make a total joke of it!

Time for Real Change in 2012.

knabe

like to see that idiot and congress comply with the paperwork necessary to hire someone, especially a contract labor pool and comply with all their BS and to top it off, health care.

people are too scared to vote these people out because of social issues.

you can tell exactly who commercials are targeted at, it is so transparent now.  everyone is essentially beholden to government.

Show Heifer

It has taken you this long to figure this out? Really? They have been out of touch for decades. Nothing has changed except for the publicity. 

cowz

No, I have not been living in a cave.

My point is .....email, call or write your house reps and your senators on some of the key issues up for decisions in the near future!

Estate tax for ranchers and farmers is critical.  The immigration thing is huge.  Cap and trade could make some ag operations bankrupt.

Let em' know how you feel!  If you have a democratic rep who is up for re-election, I would think they are shakin' in their birkenstocks.  Now is the time to harass them.

Senators:  http://www.senate.gov/reference/common/faq/How_to_contact_senators.htm

House of Reps:  http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Show Heifer

Now that is something I can agree with you on!!

They are only in power because WE (the people) allow them to be.  I have written, called, emailed, and have even spoke to in person, every elected offical I can find.  Trust me.... they are nervous!

cowz

My pet peeve are the Salazar brothers from southern Colorado.  Ken Salazar was hand chosen by obama to be Sec. of the Interior.  John Salazar is up for reelection for Congress.

Both Democrats who are from farm communities.  These 2 career politicians could not give a rats a$$ about real farmers and ranchers.

The billboards in Colorado all say "put a farmer in Congress"......should say "put a left wing, Al Gore clone and psuedo communist  in congress".

My point is they use the locals to get in power, then do whatever they want, lines their pockets when they get in.

Woody

Too bad Cattulloguy isnt here to bless us with his "wisdom" on this subject (clapping)

iowabeef

TERM LIMITS......we have to make this a part of American government!  This is the only way to actually make government work for the people........

knabe

iowabeef said:
TERM LIMITS......we have to make this a part of American government!  This is the only way to actually make government work for the people........

i say we have term limits on voters and dead people who vote.  we could start by allocating votes based on the amount of taxes paid rather than received.