congressional hearings

Help Support Steer Planet:

cattlejunky

Is it just me or does anyone else think Congress has better things to worry about than whether or not Roger Clemons took HGH?  I heard on the news last night that Arlen Spector of New York wants to have a congressional hearing over the New England Patriots recording signals and plays that happend earlier this year.  I just think there are more important things to worry about than this. ::)

kimbaljd

I agree they need to use their time more wisely! And, the sports organizations need to, (and could if they wanted to) stop all the cheating.

knabe

he found out that the pats have been taping since 2000 i think.  the world hangs in the balance.

congress should have a 6 month max work schedule.

this is all about posturing and getting things in the congressional record.

personally, i've cut my sports watching activities about 95% since catfish hunter left the oakland A's.  the first baseball strike reduced that another 4%.

that said, i could care less if clemens or his wife takes steroids, that is unless we can't eat beef and have to eat soylent green.

congress can't use time more wisely, that's why i feel they need to use less of it.  kinda like capping vehicle emissions.  what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

they need to be minimized.  but america is tooooo stupid.  they've been trained on handouts.

cattlejunky

We were not big Pacers fans, but we are even less now.  They are really hurting in attendence, but they still have the same trouble makers on the team.  HELLO! why can't they figure that one out.

If the Pats have been taping since 2000, the NFL should do something about it!  It would not surprise me it they have been taping for that long.  I personally would not pay the price they ask for tickets.  Watching from my living room is a lot more comfortable and cheaper.

dutch pride

I agree they should have something better to do but not sure it is all their fault. The media places a big emphasis on these stories as well. They may just be responding to the media interest. This was the leading story in NBC nightly news last night. I guess NBC thought that the hearings were the most important thing that happened in our country yesterday. It would sure be interesting if the media focus on the positive, uplifting and success's in our great land instead of fault finding, pointing out what is wrong etc.

DLZ

knabe

here's what congress should be doing something about.  reinforcing the positive contributions men can make, starting with outreach to men to teach in schools.  no wonder our kids have no balance.  in my area, almost NO men teach at any level till high school.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080212095450.htm

Children Who Have An Active Father Figure Have Fewer Psychological And Behavioral Problems

who would have thought.  instead, we get the "V" monologues and father figures like jane fonda and chris matthews and keith olbermann

chambero

This is political publicity.  Nothing else.

I love baseball, but MLB is run by a bunch of idiots on both sides and most of their players aren't any better.  Short story is that MLB didn't test for this stuff back when it was going on.  It's against the rules now and they do test so lets just move on.

Pettite was trying to make himself look better by rolling Clemens under the bus, Clemens is an idiot for denying it, and the trainer is catching hell because he was the person truly on the hook.  And he is probably a slimeball also.

I'm tired of hearing about, don't care because nobody will change the record books anyway, and just wish they'd get on with life.  It bothers me a lot more when they are beating their wives, getting DWIs, etc.

cattlejunky

knabe and Chambero both your comments are so true.  My husband always says some of the professional athletes out there are just a pay check from where they came from.  I wish we had more male teachers also.  The kids listen better and I do not think the men are as nit picky on behavior (especially boys).  My son had a male teacher in 2nd grade.  I begged that teacher to move up a grade with my son every year.  I also think congress should have some congressional hearings on some of its members!!!

showsteerdlux

Lets indite her!! Just kidding but it seems that when its someone else its a no no but if its so and so tlets put it under the table. If its an enhancing steroid there isnt any difference imo.