Connealy Frontline

Help Support Steer Planet:

MA012

Bought some Frontline semen for cheap a while back.
I like the daughters from him. Went to thaw and breed and find the straw to be a .2ml straw. I believe it was frozen in '98.
The only time I've seen these small straws has been with sexed semen. Was that taking place back in '98 or was ABS just trying to stretch their supply? Any thoughts?

cowsrcuddly

What color is the straw?  Red or pink would indicate sexed female.
What did it say on the straw?  Everything would have been written on the straw
Are you talking 1/4 straws instead of 1/2 straws?

WinterSpringsFarm

MA012 said:
Bought some Frontline semen for cheap a while back.
I like the daughters from him. Went to thaw and breed and find the straw to be a .2ml straw. I believe it was frozen in '98.
The only time I've seen these small straws has been with sexed semen. Was that taking place back in '98 or was ABS just trying to stretch their supply? Any thoughts?

We were still milking cows in the ninties and we bought some semen on a european Brown Swiss bull.  He came in 1/4cc straws but was not sexed.  I feel like that was pretty standard for the european stuff.  However, I didn't think that there were any US collected stuff that was in 1/4cc straws.

CAB

ABS announced this year that they would be going to 1/4ml straws but not in previous years.

MA012

The straw was white just like others from ABS that I have seen. Nothing written on the straw to say it was sexed.
Yes, 1/4 ml straw.