COOL CHALLENGE!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

LittleHeifer

I have noticed that few of us know the COOL program. So....

Here is a little COOL challenge for everyone

look up COOL and the next time you are at the supermarket and see what things you can find with COOL labelings.

Then come back here and tell us something you learned and tell us about the things you found. What was it? Where was it from? If it was fish or shell fish what method was used, farm raised or wild caught?

HAVE FUN AND STAY COOL!!!!!!!

little heifer (angel)

Show Heifer

When I was purchasing fish, the only thing Hy-Vee and Walmart carried was fish from china. I refuse to buy fish from china due to their "fish raising policies" (you can google and realize you probably do not want to eat them either!!).
Schwans fish, on the other hand, come from the US, New Zealand. I paid more for them, but gladly did so!

No red meat, or pork was labeled at either store. But, I am under the impression that certified angus beef must have been raised in the US. Is that correct?

jaimiediamond

Show Heifer said:
When I was purchasing fish, the only thing Hy-Vee and Walmart carried was fish from china. I refuse to buy fish from china due to their "fish raising policies" (you can google and realize you probably do not want to eat them either!!).
Schwans fish, on the other hand, come from the US, New Zealand. I paid more for them, but gladly did so!

No red meat, or pork was labeled at either store. But, I am under the impression that certified angus beef must have been raised in the US. Is that correct?

I know for a fact that certified Angus beef is an North American label.  When I worked at Cargill we sent many trucks south of the boarder with boxes labelled as such. I had found this highly surprising at the time :)

Cattle70

LittleHeifer said:

look up COOL and the next time you are at the supermarket and see what things you can find with COOL labelings.

Then come back here and tell us something you learned and tell us about the things you found. What was it? Where was it from? If it was fish or shell fish what method was used, farm raised or wild caught?

little heifer (angel)

Is this the COOL IT challenge by green peace?

LittleHeifer

Show Heifer: Had the meat been modified?
jaimiediamond:Your absolutely correct. It must have been born, raised, and slaughtered in the US  to be "Certified"
Cattle70 said:
LittleHeifer said:

little heifer (angel)

Is this the COOL IT challenge by green peace?
Nope all my own
Little Heifer (angel)