cool room systems

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dvrom

For the last couple years i have been using my cool room that we made out of an old garage. It is very well insulated but I only have a window ac unit which cant keep up with the heat. i have a couple of fans that are very powerful and move plenty of air but i am going to put in a misting system and was thinking about using some lines that sprinkle water down behind the cattle where the fans would blow it onto them. It would be on a timer system that ran for 15 minutes every hour and a half. Does this sound like a good idea to everyone? Any thoughts and suggestions would be helpful and info on how you have yours set up. Just looking for the most effective way to keep the cattle cool.  <cowboy>

GoWyo

We have a 10'x10' cool room with 3 inches of foam sprayed on the walls and ceiling.  Use an 18,000 BTU AC unit and it keeps up, but went with a Coolbot this year to take temp down to 55 degrees.  Fins frosted up until we put it on the least aggressive setting and it has worked very well since then.  I would not use any smaller AC unit than 18,000 BTU for the space we are cooling and the amount of body heat 1200# steers can generate.

mainecattlemother

If you are interested in the coolbot we may have one for sale.  We installed one last summer with a 25000 btu airconditioner in an old milkhouse as we used to milk cows.  We have always wanted a real cooler and this year we found a cooler shell and just found the cooler unit and plan to install this week.  If you may be interested please let me know.