cooler room question

Help Support Steer Planet:

akaacattle

Hey anyone know about cooler rooms? Im building one thats 25`x12` and dont know what to use for a cooling unit. Dont want to spend a whole lot of money but also want a safe, reliable, good cooling unit. Would a window unit do the job? Does anybody use window units in there cool rooms?

shortyjock89

You'd probably need two pretty good sized window units to get that room very cold.  I would just get a 3 ton Central Air unit used/reconditioned from someplace that does work for schools or restaurants and put that in.  Much more efficient and cheaper in the long run.

akaacattle

What about a cool bot and about a 25000 btu unit?  Anybody have experience with a cool bot?

muleman

I just put a LG 24500 BTU with a Coolbot in my coolroom that is 12x18 and it works good. It keeps my room at 48-50 degrees easy.

akaacattle

Yeah i know, I heard alot of good things about coolbot just wondering what people that used them thought.

AAOK

Call Clendon

Cool Calf Co.
a division of Supermarket Services, Co.
1529 Industrial Lane
Tishomingo, OK 73640
Phone: 800-711-8982
Local: 580-371-0220
Fax: 580-371-0041
Clendon Gilbert

pds

The problem with window units is most only cool down to 60. Our room is 20x30 and we have 2 window units with 2 calves it stays right around 60 3 calves it goes up to 62. The reason I uses them is with 2 we have a back up and when something does go wrong with them it is quick and easy to replace.

mainecattlemother

AAOK, not to bash your post but a lot of people cant afford a cool calf.  I have checked into them and they are very very spendy.  Great units but when you have lots of $$$$ into expensive heifers and good feed there is not a lot left over.  We are looking to purchase an old cooler out of a restaurant and are checking all the websites like k-bid, acesbid, and e-bay.  Hope to find somthing before warm MN temps hit, if they ever do.

A.T.B

just bought a cool bot and love it...it allows the window conditioner to go way below 60 got and 18x12 room with 3 calves and its like 40 in there but i also got 6 fans goin to :)

bruiser

Muleman was going to use a coolbot  but he's in a lot cooler climate than here in central Illinois. Haven't heard back from him to see if he's having any luck. I've built three coolers and the calf cool is a great product. The people and service is top notch. Any problems we had they sent new parts- no questions asked. They might be higher but they know what they're talking about and are easy to deal with.