Cooler Room Walls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Losin Money

I am building a new cooler room and would like to know what each of you use for the wall coverings.  I am considering a pvc type plastic sheet good but it is a little pricey.

OH Breeder

When we built ours, I used R30 insulation with clear heavy plastic over it walls and ceiling. I then used 1/2 inch ply over that. I gave it all a coat of water proofer. We keep it around 60 65 mid summer when it is 80 plus outside.

OH Breeder

PS our barn is a block barn and mostly concrete. The wash rack is at one end of cooler and is concrete. The side walls are treated ply.

showgoer

We have the pvc plastic sheet that you're talking about in ours and yeah it's not cheap but it works great.  Easy to clean and waterproof, it will last forever, and a pressure washer will blow all the hair and dirt right off.  Make sure to use stainless screws though too (also not cheap) to prevent from them rusting and staining the plastic.  It is also a good insulator.

knabe

OH Breeder said:
When we built ours, I used R30 insulation with clear heavy plastic over it walls and ceiling. I then used 1/2 inch ply over that. I gave it all a coat of water proofer. We keep it around 60 65 mid summer when it is 80 plus outside.

remember if you use ply is to paint both sides and the edges extra before you put it up.  it gets moisture on the non-painted side and then tries to evaporate through the painted side, which causes the paint to crack.  same thing with siding on a house

Losin Money

Showgoer could you send me some pics of your room so I can see how it turned out? [email protected].  Thanks a bunch. Also where did you buy the walls?  I am dealing with Extrutech Plastics but would like to get another bid if possible.