coolest thing ever

Help Support Steer Planet:

shorthorns r us

My 8 year old just made me feel OLD.  He showed me how to access steerplanet on my cell phone.  Imagine all the cool places from which I can check this board now.  Right now I am at Walgreens waiting for the youngest's prescription.  As for the feeling old thing, he is already the only one that can operate our dvd player.  Biggest problem is that it only took me 20 min to type this message.  This is too cool.  Does this make me a techno cattle geek?

cowz

shorthorns r us said:
My 8 year old just made me feel OLD.  He showed me how to access steerplanet on my cell phone.  Imagine all the cool places from which I can check this board now.  Right now I am at Walgreens waiting for the youngest's prescription.  As for the feeling old thing, he is already the only one that can operate our dvd player.  Biggest problem is that it only took me 20 min to type this message.  This is too cool.  Does this make me a techno cattle geek?

I felt old the other day when my 12 year old showed me how to do things with an excel spreadsheet that I never knew existed!!  Talk about cool.  From now on he is in charge of cattle records.  Im gonna sit back and watch.  Here's to the future generation!

red

Wow! Unbelievable what these kids can teach us!

That is the greatest thing ever! I don't even want to figure it out or I'll never get anything done!!

Red (welcome)

Gypsy

Cowz - be very careful with your plan.  :D My youngest, that I have been relying on to do my computor/cell phone/DVD/anything electronic stuff is going to graduate in a couple of weeks and  I am having major panic attacks over my illiteracy.  In retrospect it would have  been much better to have him TRAIN me in this stuff!  My lazy brain just didn't want to put the effort into learning something new.  ???  The years are going to really start flying by fast once they hit the teen years and before you know it they will fly the coop and take all the knowledge and passwords with them.  :-\

cowz

They grow up too fast!!  I can handle a lot of computer stuff, but the speed at which they can adapt to new tech is amazing.  And no, I cannot text message or download tunes to an ipod.    (Maybe it would help if I sat down and read the instructions.  Watcha think?)

Gypsy

They come with instructions? ::)  I know my kids have NEVER read them, they just KNOW how to do all that stuff.  ;D  How can they do that?  I suppose the instructions are in the boxes just for those of us that are older (over 20).

farmboy

IN THE BOX THERE IS INSTRUCTIONS BUT NATURALLY (IN MY YOUTH  (lol)) I DIDN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. I THINK I JUST PLUGGED THE IPOD INTO THE USB JACK.LIMEWIRE IS WHERE I GET MY TUNES TOTALLY FREE THEN PUT THEM ONTO ITUNES  :)))

ShortyJ13

farmboy said:
IN THE BOX THERE IS INSTRUCTIONS BUT NATURALLY (IN MY YOUTH  (lol)) I DIDN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. I THINK I JUST PLUGGED THE IPOD INTO THE USB JACK.LIMEWIRE IS WHERE I GET MY TUNES TOTALLY FREE THEN PUT THEM ONTO ITUNES  :)))

- Me Too  (lol) -