Cordless clippers?

Help Support Steer Planet:

bringing purple

Does anybody have or use cordless clippers? Are they worth the money or no? Considering buying a pair. What would you recomend?

herfluvr

bringing purple said:
Does anybody have or use cordless clippers? Are they worth the money or no? Considering buying a pair. What would you recomend?
Have a set of oster ones.  They are wonderful to clip hogs as there is no cord.  Good for horses but a bit loud.  For long term cattle clipping they don't have enough battery life or even cut.  They jsut don't cut as clean as corded clippers.  But love them to clip those pigs :)

Aussie

I have a set I did not have power in the barn and thought it would be easier that taking the generator all the time. The battery life is not long enough. I found even with 4 batteries they would run out with 10 minutes to go  :mad:. Good for bellies and heads but changing batteries is a real drag.

thebulllady

I've had a set for years.  Bought them when they first came out.  They come in handy if you need to make a few "repairs" waiting at the ring, but otherwise not so much.  I have three batteries, so it's no problem having enough time, but they are awkward to handle until you get used to them, because of the weight of the battery on the end. 

I'm not sorry I bought them, but wouldn't shell out the $$ for them now.

The Show

Their good for shows like the Houston jr show that doesn't allow corded clippers. I couldn't imagine fully clipping a calf with them, but for touch up and getting them just right on show day their great.

farmin female

We bought a pair of Andis back when the kid was showing pigs.  They worked great for pigs but clipping a calf takes a lot more time and the battery would never last that long. 

sj0515

I bought a set of Andis about a month ago. The blade speed is slower than the corded ones and they are heavier. The batteries last about 45 mins, but you can buy a cord to replace the battery pack. All being said I prefer the corded but the cordless are handy to have for touch up.

twistedhshowstock

I agree with above posts, have a set because Houston doesnt allow chorded clippers.  However the battery never lasts long enough, blade speed isnt as high, and I have just never found them very comfortable in my hand so I never feel like I clip as well with them.