Cordless Clippers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dusty

Does anyone have any experience with any of the cordless clippers they sell @ Sullivans?  I am thinking about getting a set and was wondering if they are as handy as I think they would be.

dori36

Dusty said:
Does anyone have any experience with any of the cordless clippers they sell @ Sullivans?  I am thinking about getting a set and was wondering if they are as handy as I think they would be.

Don't have a Sullivan's catalog handy.  Are you talking about the Osters?  I love those for the finer clipping - heads, finishing around brisket and underline, final evening of the body hair.  Not sure they're quite strong enough for the initial body clip. 

DR

If I was going to use any I would go with the Green ANDIS, my wife has a set that we use on our horses, I think they are better balanced than the Osters, my brother has a set of the Osters. I personally still prefer my old AG2 Andis or my new Wahls. Can't get away from the cords.

Merry Christmas to all.
Dean

Torch

They will last an hour of continuous clipping. You will also want a medium blending, super blocking and a t-84 blades. If you don't have them already.

inthebarnagain

Laube Litening cordless clippers.  They come with a plug in that you can plug them in with and keep on clipping and charge your battery too.  Last a couple of hours and will clip ANYTHING that the big clippers will do.  They run at 9,000 strokes per minute which is twice what any other clipper, corded or not, will run. Have a corded pair and a cordless pair and will not do without them.  Oh, and they weigh about 8 ounces, compared to nearly a pound for the others.   

Dusty

inthebarnagain said:
Laube Litening cordless clippers.  They come with a plug in that you can plug them in with and keep on clipping and charge your battery too.  Last a couple of hours and will clip ANYTHING that the big clippers will do.  They run at 9,000 strokes per minute which is twice what any other clipper, corded or not, will run. Have a corded pair and a cordless pair and will not do without them.  Oh, and they weigh about 8 ounces, compared to nearly a pound for the others.   

Do the blocking and flat blades jsut snap on them like the other clippers?

BCCC

Dusty said:
inthebarnagain said:

Do the blocking and flat blades jsut snap on them like the other clippers?
Yes they snap on like the oster and have a deal you have to push in to get them to go and come off(good when you are dragging the blades) They also have two speeds.

ShowmanQ

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a pair. I always seem to find something small in the makeup area I wish I could give a quick fix. Might be nice to have a pair to shove in a coat pocket.

Beach Limousin

Dusty said:
I was leaning towards these  www.sullivansupply.com/Iowa/detail.aspx?ID=13997

My biggest concern is how long you can actually clip on a fresh battery.  If they're only really good for 15 min I won't bother.

I just a set of these. Just bought the cord with them, have not invested in the battery yet. Everything so far looks good. I have clipped several calves in for sales with them and they work as good as any.