Corgi Article for all you corgi lovers!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

that is so neat! Justme said it sounded like Woody & me.
I took a nap the other day & woke up to find both Woody & Killer in bed w/ me. Woody however was press up so close to me he was about on top of me. I think he wanted Killer to know who I belonged to!

Red

doubled

Great story, no wonder the guys love their puppies so much- They sure have personalities

red

Woody has a new fun game now. He hates it when I take a shower or bath. Stands in front of the tub growing & barking at me. Sometimes he's tried to go for my toes! Hubby says, "well just keep him out".  :))) duh of course that works but then he howls the whole time. He even sticks his head in & hangs over the tub. By the way, he hates his own baths.

Red  (dog)  (dog) (lol)

showsteer09

Red I have the same problem with Turbo I think its just there thing every time i take a shower he wants in and when i get out he licks my toes I dont know about them dogs but I love them... (dog) (dog) (dog) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) ;D

Davis Shorthorns

About 2 weeks ago we had a little surprise at our door.  It was a male corgi.  We already had 4 dogs at the place, so we put a add in the paper seeing if anyone had lost a dog.  Well to make a long story short we fell in love with the little guy.  We were hoping that no one would come and claim him.  Well about a week after we found him, we got the phone call that someone had lost a corgi.  We were heart broken.  The lady said that she lived just a little bit down the road and would be up in a little while.  Well when she came out to pick him up she saw how happy he was playing with all of the other dogs and calves around the place and just couldn't bear to take him back home where he didn't have anyone to play with.  So with that she told us that if we wanted him we could keep him.  So now Dr. Stretch is living with us and is planing to go to Montana with my girlfriend when she moves up there to take a job with the Simmi. assoc.  (we call him doctor because he acts like he is better than us and wont stop talking to us till we pet him.)

OH Breeder

Davis Shorthorns said:
About 2 weeks ago we had a little surprise at our door.  It was a male corgi.  We already had 4 dogs at the place, so we put a add in the paper seeing if anyone had lost a dog.  Well to make a long story short we fell in love with the little guy.  We were hoping that no one would come and claim him.  Well about a week after we found him, we got the phone call that someone had lost a corgi.  We were heart broken.  The lady said that she lived just a little bit down the road and would be up in a little while.  Well when she came out to pick him up she saw how happy he was playing with all of the other dogs and calves around the place and just couldn't bear to take him back home where he didn't have anyone to play with.  So with that she told us that if we wanted him we could keep him.   So now Dr. Stretch is living with us and is planing to go to Montana with my girlfriend when she moves up there to take a job with the Simmi. assoc.  (we call him doctor because he acts like he is better than us and wont stop talking to us till we pet him.)

I am not trying to be mean or anything, but isn't the reason you got to keep the dog is because he had other dogs to play with and the cattle? Does your girlfriend have a dog to take with him?

I use to raise Jack Russells. To many times people tried to make them "apartment" dogs and they always developed some habit that was bad. They need lots of space and need to be out. Maybe I am wrong, but I would assume it is the same with Corgi's they are better out on the farm than in an apartment etc. I quiet raising Jack's because there were too many people that just didn't want to put the time in.

red

showsteer09 said:
Red I have the same problem with Turbo I think its just there thing every time i take a shower he wants in and when i get out he licks my toes I dont know about them dogs but I love them... (dog) (dog) (dog) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) ;D

Woody does the same thing w/  my toes. He also likes to lick my shoulder when I take a tub bath. No privacy anymore at all!

Red

garybob

Is the dog in the article herding, or just "running " the pee outta them sheep? Photos can be decieving, but, I don't appreciate the way the stock are scattering every which-a-way.

GB

kanshow

Good Eye GB!!  It is AKC herding which IMO is the very next thing to worthless.  They test for instinct & prey drive and most of the people involved have very little 'critter sense' with the sheep.    They (the people) have no idea about pressure & balance & how it relates to moving stock.  They take the dogs to stock WAY too soon & too young.  Most real time sheep trialing dogs don't go to stock til they are 8 or 9 months or even older because somewhere in there is when the chase drive and the real time herding drive kick in.      Boo is probably chasing them - but then corgis are also driving rather than gathering dogs.  They are more of a multi-purpose farm dog.    I can tell you that he is NOT from a herding line of corgis so if he truly has the instinct, it's been buried for generations.  His mother will follow 4H sheep around and his grandfather just loves the sheep raisins.