CORGI'S!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

For those of you that know me, I'm obessed w/ getting a corgi!
"Justme" sent me this picture of the litter out of her male dog's dad. She doesn't own the puppies.
(dog) (dog) (dog)

Red (Corgiless)

Attachments

• corgis!.jpg
    corgis!.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 273

justme

The pups aren't mine but they are located in Kansas City if anyone wants the address let me know...they have a nice website with the male on it.

genes

Awww isn't that adorable.

I can't say I've ever really "known" any Corgi's though.  Are there temperaments and personalities like the bigger herding dogs?

justme

Wonderful personalites.  Nothing like a heeler (not saying they are bad) they make great family pets.  They love to play and my male is starting to work some.  They are like clowns with little legs lol

genes

Hehe that's cute.  The only pets I have right now are Guinea pigs  :( because I'm in college and not yet "stable", as in you never know when I might have to move into a little apartment or even across the country.  But I want a dog so much.  And when I can get one, I'll probably still be in a city  :-\.  So as much as I love Aussies and Border Collies and stuff, I definitely will be looking at other breeds.  I'll have to keep Corgis in mind.

red

When we go to shows, my hubby accuses the Corgi's of running wild. Seems like there are so many of them. Great traveling dog. I've seen then snuck into the motel rooms. Many of the exhibitors travel w/ theirs all the time.
The only big downside I see to them is that they do shead.
(dog)

Red

cowz

Looks like they would be great for guarding the showbox!!  What would King Killer Kitty think??? :mad:

red

cowz said:
Looks like they would be great for guarding the showbox!!  What would King Killer Kitty think??? :mad:

As I told Gidget, I'm afraid Killer Kitty would eat Corgi's for breakfast!
Actually I think he'd hate one- but then he hates most anything.
I found this in our paper. It's fits Killer to a T!

Attachments

• pickles.jpg
    pickles.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 242

red

The puppies' daddy. His name is Dude. He is also the daddy of Gidget's new male.
DudeIntro.jpg

justme

Just for Red...Here's my daughter getting some "Corgi love" (dog)

Attachments

• danielle.jpg
    danielle.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 661

red

Sharing the latest Corgi picture, keep them coming! Thanks Showman Q! Good luck this week too!

Red

Attachments

• KODI_2.jpg
    KODI_2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 193

frostback

Heres a Corgi story for you. Last friday the kids had the day off school so we went to the barn to wash my daughters calves. My 6 year old son and I came back the the house and there on my porch was a little hurt bunny,about two days old. I looked around for the corgi and she looked all happy until i said bad dog, then went under the porch. I picked it up and put it under a tree and said sorry. Then walked away to hear my son say "you cant leave it you have to save it. I tried to tell him its hurt and going to die. He then ran off to tell his sister. Then I had two kids telling me we have to try. I tried to tell them that we have tried before and they die sorry, but off they went to get the  shoebox full of grass hay. So I went out to tell them we were not doing this and there were 3 more bunnies. So now there were 4 of them 3 not hurt. They then talked me into tring to save them. After about 2 hours the fifth arrived. The dog kept her distance for a few days but knows I am not happy. She has done this before but the kids dont know about it. We have lost 4  of the bunnies but the last one has his eyes open and nurses out of a syringe. go figure

RSC

red said:
sounds like my blue heeler- loves them bunnies!!!

Red
Cathy,  We love our Corgi!  Here is a picture with our youngest son, Grady with Dorie.

Tony

Attachments

• 2007 07 Grady & Dorie.jpg
    2007 07 Grady & Dorie.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 428