Could use some critiques on a show steer.

Help Support Steer Planet:

vc

I agree he should be getting 3% of hid body weight, but don't just go from 10 pounds to 21 in a day. You need to work him up to it, start by giving him 4 pounds 3 times a day then add  .5 to 1 pound each feedind every other day. watch his stool if it starts getting to loose back off on the feed and weight a day or 2. If you are going to switch feed you will also want to do this in stages also. start 2/1 old feed to new then 1/1 then 1/2 and finally all new feed. Make sure he has plenty of good grass hay at all times, helps keep the rumen working.

Good luck

BSCFarmer12

looks like a good sdtarter steer i had one like him with no rearend  but he looks ok feed his as much as hell eat everyday really push it to him and i would comb him everyu day to get the hair a growing

showgirl

Dont know what yall are talking about but here in FL we do get finshing touch...Never have had a problem getting it

showsteerdlux said:
Here in the south, unless things have changed, which I dont think they have, the only thing we can get is fitters edge, because there is one plant that makes all the show chow for like NC, SC, Ga, and Fla.
Thats the reason I said they needed to be finding a different feed. I'm speaking from experience with a PB Angus steer on show chow, it flat didn't work for me.

Latest posts