County Fair Photos

Help Support Steer Planet:

garett

Even though the whole week was rain filled, we managed to fit the cattle show in without getting too wet. Except the arena was a pond until they ran a bobcat through it to try and clean it up and fill it with chips. By the end of the night it was beginning to get a little soggy.

Anyways..Ive included a few pics of the calves. Neither of them did too well. The steer did have more leg hair than I thought and fitted out quite well. The heifer was a hairball from the beginning and looked the best I had ever had her.
My steer stood 2nd out of a class of 3, which is were the Grand Xbred and Reserve steer came from. He weighed in at 1327.
My heifer, well, she placed 3 outta 3 Simmental heifers. He was likin the red heifers that day.  (lol) They were very nice. They were def more feminine and he said my heifer walked bunched up. I had never heard that about her.

Heres a few pics.

The first is of the heifer..In this picture she is weighing around 1300ish pounds, she was a big girl.
The second and third are of my steer at the sale. Not fitted out or anything though. He didnt have to place too well to be the top seller..Im okay with that  (thumbsup)

Attachments

• PC Fair 08 021changed.jpg
    PC Fair 08 021changed.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 511
  • PC Fair 08 032changed.jpg
    PC Fair 08 032changed.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 511

BIGTEX

Looks like you had a lot of  fun! Do a lot of juniors show in tee-shirts? It seems to be the norm and not the exception.

garett

BIGTEX said:
Do a lot of juniors show in tee-shirts? It seems to be the norm and not the exception.

Around here some of the fairs provide a t-shirt that promotes the fair that you are told to wear. You dont have to if you dont want to though.

garett

I dont have her papers handy, but all I can remember is that she is Taylors Black Kickback x NF Jennifer. Out of Leaders Simmentals.