County Fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

Just wanted to brag a little, the boys had a tremendous county fair, I told them to enjoy it, it may never happen again, unfortunately they are too young to go on to state fair.
In the heifers, Logan had champion Maine and she was supreme champion, Grady was champion AOB and he was reserve supreme.  Logan was champion Jr. showman and Grady was reserve Jr. showman.  Logan also had champion market heifer.  Logan gave his salesmanship talk from Jr. nationals with a little tweak for his project talk and was champion 12 and under, he also entered one of his calf pictures and was reserve champion of the show.  The champion market heifer (a Heat Wave) was also the reserve champion ultrasound market animal.

itk

I stopped off at the JC Fair in time to watch them pick the champion steer and the supreme overall market animal. I really thought your heifer had a chance to win but the steer was the safe choice. I was also impressed with the overall quality considering the size of the show. Congratulations.

Jill

itk said:
I stopped off at the JC Fair in time to watch them pick the champion steer and the supreme overall market animal. I really thought your heifer had a chance to win but the steer was the safe choice. I was also impressed with the overall quality considering the size of the show. Congratulations.

There were several people that thought that, the steer I thought would win the show didn't make it out of class, I was pretty sure we wouldn't get around him, but after he picked grand I felt we could easily have been reserve, but she beat them both in ultasound and after the day we had we were ok with that.  Sorry I missed you, didn't see you there.

chambero

I didn't think those calves out of show steer bloodlines could possibly do any good in a contest involving something as practical as ultrasound!  ;)

Congrats on great show.  Those little kids don't care if its county show or the biggest show in the world!