county fairs over =(

Help Support Steer Planet:

brenn

My county fair just ended. This year went very smoothly and went by quickly.my steer weighed 1178lbs and look great, i was very happy with the way he turned out. But judge placed me dead last in my market class, but I was one of only four people, in a class of 11 pulled for showmanship. Before we went in for showmanship the judge gave a speech about how" this is a partnership between you and your steer" and" I wanna be able to feel over the rib cage" and "this is when the work you put in to the steer really shows." Well, anyways, showmanship starts and my steer behaves perfectly, I hardly have to place his feet and he holds his head up high. When the judge comes around to get his hands on each calf more than half of the steers jump or kick at him and keep moving around and my steer just stands there perfectly. The judge starts placing each of us and he put me very last in the class, again. I was devastated.  But I sold in the sale for $3.50/lb  ;D

farmboy

cryin all the way to the bank  ;D

steers from our fair get the market price and then the buyer money, which has sucked for the past 3 years now.

brenn

HAHA! I sure am  ;)

Ours was pretty bad the last couple of years too... Most went for $1.75-$2.25 this year. the over all champ when for $3.75 and the reserve over all went for $3.25