county steer check him out

Help Support Steer Planet:

elmcreek

here is pic of my county steers  what do you think  and how can i finish him in 25 days

little steer is finished

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 259

TK Show2win

They both look balanced and well muscled. The first one could be a tick deeper sided, but besides that hes well muscled with a big square hip and clean front. If you need more finish try increasing the fat content in his ration. He appears tall, but it could just be the pic, but try to increase fat and decrease protein. Adding rolled corn, rice bran, or corn/soybean oil will help. Watch his stool though.

The little one looks nice too, I'd like to see him cleaner fronted.

Whos the sire of these calves?

showsteerdlux

I'd like to see both of them have a little more deeper flank in them. That will come with more finish though. I like the 1st calf better but thats  just imho.

elmcreek

first calf is a lifeline x maine cross steer    he is a little tall but  l love the bone and butt
the second calf is  out  of a topper x anchor bull   and a maine x char cross cow     he needs a cleaner front and a little more bone  but he is wide as a table   the boys call him frank the tank  

TK Show2win

I thought the first one looked like a lifeline steer. His calves can get kinda tall sometimes. The first one seems to have better hair too.....good luck!