couple calf pics-upgrade hfr pic added

Help Support Steer Planet:

jackpotcattle

Had some time after fixing some fence so I tried to get some pictures. Only had these two calves cooperate very well. First one is a Grizzly hfr second one is a Crimson Tide steer.

Attachments

• Grizzly hfr 80.JPG
    Grizzly hfr 80.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Grizzly hfr.JPG
    Grizzly hfr.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 220
  • Crimson Tide st 425.JPG
    Crimson Tide st 425.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 231

Show Steaks

other than facial white pattern and a little more bone she looks identical to mine(yours has more bone) the question i ask myself is will she grow and will she belly down

jackpotcattle

Show Steaks said:
other than facial white pattern and a little more bone she looks identical to mine(yours has more bone) the question i ask myself is will she grow and will she belly down
I think they will grow. I am very impressed with all of our Grizzly's. They are all deep enough flanked and have already started dropping some guts. Now ours are not going to be ground sows by anymeans, but that is largely because of the cows I bred him too.(Tighter gutted, moderade framed, good fronted). So I think she will get some guts, but with that slick front end she is always gonna be a little tight in the heart. i do like that she opens up over her shoulder though. We have a couple better, but they were in a different pasture.

dj

The picture of the heifer is nice. It is really hard to pass up a good blaze face heifer bred the way that she is. She should be a productive type cow that can be used either in the production or steer end of the business. But I equally like the Crimsom Tide steer calf. I think that once you peel that hair off his neck, you are going to have a cool looking dude there. How is his dam bred? He looks a little round in his hip, but that could be picture angle. Looks like he would class Charolais, Simmi, Chi, AOB or even Limi down here in Texas. Lots of options with calves like the two you pictures here...

jackpotcattle

dj said:
The picture of the heifer is nice. It is really hard to pass up a good blaze face heifer bred the way that she is. She should be a productive type cow that can be used either in the production or steer end of the business. But I equally like the Crimsom Tide steer calf. I think that once you peel that hair off his neck, you are going to have a cool looking dude there. How is his dam bred? He looks a little round in his hip, but that could be picture angle. Looks like he would class Charolais, Simmi, Chi, AOB or even Limi down here in Texas. Lots of options with calves like the two you pictures here...
The steers dam is a purebred char. She is also the dam of Brock Mays Champion steer at Wisconson State Fair a couple yrs ago.(when he won with the yellow and white steer) He is stout and does round off his hip a little but has enough hair its nothing that can't be clipped out ;D

jackpotcattle

Here is a pic of an Upgrade hfr. It was taken with my cell phone, so it is kind of blurry.

Attachments

• upgrade hfr.jpg
    upgrade hfr.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 197

Show Steaks

I see lots of  BUTT! looks like she has some guts as well.

[/quote]
I think they will grow. I am very impressed with all of our Grizzly's. They are all deep enough flanked and have already started dropping some guts. Now ours are not going to be ground sows by anymeans, but that is largely because of the cows I bred him too.(Tighter gutted, moderade framed, good fronted). So I think she will get some guts, but with that slick front end she is always gonna be a little tight in the heart. i do like that she opens up over her shoulder though. We have a couple better, but they were in a different pasture.
[/quote]
Everybody i talk to says they love him and will use again or wont touch again, he seems to work best on simmental influenced cows from what i've seen, also never seen one without at least a little white on its head