Couple Heifer pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

Will

Here is two spring born heifers my son rasied this year.  They are out of a bull he raised and out of cows he raised.  He is the breeder on both sides of the pedigree.  Not to bad for a 11 year old.  Which one do you guys like the best. He will most likely keep one to show and sell the other.

Attachments

• Bullet x Bunny_opt.jpg
    Bullet x Bunny_opt.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 203
  • bullet princess_opt.jpg
    bullet princess_opt.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 206

ctroidl

from what I can see in the photos I would choose the shorthorn she seems to have a little more show appeal, you have to love the ones that naturally hold there head high. Also I think she is just a touch more sound structurally, but it is hard to judge the two until you see them move around.
Also the two heifers are posed differently which also makes it challenging.

ctroidl

One other thing I wanted to add, the charolais heifer carry's alot more rib and depth in her gut. As they mature and hair up you will really start to see the positive features of these heifers stand out.

CoatsClubcalves

Will said:
Here is two spring born heifers my son rasied this year.  They are out of a bull he raised and out of cows he raised.  He is the breeder on both sides of the pedigree.  Not to bad for a 11 year old.  Which one do you guys like the best. He will most likely keep one to show and sell the other.
I like the Char appearing heifer...to me she's looks more moderate framed and nicely balanced.

Will

Thank you for all the replies.  They are both purebred shorthorns. The white heifer mother is daughter of a Dividend x NPS Mirage son and an impact shaker daughter. The spotted heifer goes back to the old Bedwell bunny cow family.