covino 111 (ma9298)

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

I kinda forgot. Is covino 3 been tested for pha and was novino tested? Twin creek effort ma464?. Thanks in advance.

DL

Covino III (AMAA # 10) is tested and is negative
Don't find a Covino III with the #9298
Novino semen apparently never left France and we have been unable to find any
Don't think Twin Creek Effort has been tested - not sure if any semen is available

There is a bunch of fullblood semen in the hopper - so to speak!
(cow)

xxcc

most of the fullblood semen that i put in the "hopper" is to narrow down the number of foundational sires that had not been tested and to more closely scrutinize the bloodlines of cattle tracing back to Turquine, Eclate and Eclat (two different bulls), anything that traces to the British Isles(personal theory) instead of/as well as France, and to narrow down speculation about Cette-La.

This is an open statement to anyone, but mostly directed to those who know me and have been involved with me in discussions about the foundation of carriers within the Maine breed.  I don't think we are going to find the "Improver" of the Maine breed, so i think the best we can do is to nail down as much as we can.

red

XXCC- what is your reasoning behind that? Lack of blood work on early Maines? Inaccurate pedigrees? A Maine Mafia?
I'm sure for poeple like you, Telos, DL & countless others this will be very disheartening.

Red

aj

DL, that might have been a shorthorn system number. The thing that kills me is I don't rub shoulders with the movers and shakers out there and I have to scrap and claw and beg for info. Information is so powerfull. If I hadn't of stumbled on to showsteer tha couple years back I would be a really lost soul on defect information. I talked to people that had calves by a pha carrier and don't know he's a confirmed carrier.

Telos

Finding the "Improver" in the Maines might be difficult or next to impossible, but being in agreement with XXCC, tracing as many carriers as we can IMO has important value. My curiosity also wants to know what's in Paramount's or Stinger's pedigree that contributed to them  being carriers...Was it one of those import full blood cows without an extended pedigree, Eclate, Turquino or maybe Univers 15? Was it some of them, one of them or maybe even none of them?  With a test now this knowledge is not as important, but it sure would be nice to know.

DL

aj said:
DL, that might have been a shorthorn system number. The thing that kills me is I don't rub shoulders with the movers and shakers out there and I have to scrap and claw and beg for info. Information is so powerfull. If I hadn't of stumbled on to showsteer tha couple years back I would be a really lost soul on defect information. I talked to people that had calves by a pha carrier and don't know he's a confirmed carrier.

aj - you rub shoulders with us! We may piss people off but we are moving and shaking and you are part of the pack! (a valued member at that!)  ;D

DL

Telos said:
Finding the "Improver" in the Maines might be difficult or next to impossible, but being in agreement with XXCC, tracing as many carriers as we can IMO has important value. My curiosity also wants to know what's in Paramount's or Stinger's pedigree that contributed to them  being carriers...Was it one of those import full blood cows without an extended pedigree, Eclate, Turquino or maybe Univers 15? Was it some of them, one of them or maybe even none of them?  With a test now this knowledge is not as important, but it sure would be nice to know.

I'm with you on this on Telos - the more you eliminate the more you know...every tidbit of info i s good info ....