Cow and calf pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

Just thought for the fun of it Id post some cow, 1st calf heifers and red angus mamma and ali calf

Attachments

• aly.jpg
    aly.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 489
  • calves.jpg
    calves.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 479
  • cows.jpg
    cows.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 479

OH Breeder

I really like momma. I would like to see a shorthorn bull on her. For a terminal cross Double Vision and for breeding females Sonny.

doubled

Thanks for the nice comments we appreciate that. Actually mamma is a purebred Red Angus her calf is an Ali which we used for easy birthing, we use him alot on heifers, we love him for that, she actually has had quite a show career top three in Louisville, and champion red angus here in Iowa about 15 times or so, was champion high point for the red angus division, we raised her, if you see another red cow in the mix there that is her mamma and she won over 30 shows here in Iowa as a Red angus and a class winner at Kansas City also.  We used mostly Pieper Red Angus semen on our Red Angus cows.  The red heifer is out of the other red cow and is out of a pieper bull.  If we use any other bull on her we will use the guys black hairy bear bull on her.

oakbar

Looking good Justamom!!  Good looking cow!! 

Tell the boys we have some new pictures on the website---see if they recognize the calves they saw when they were up.

doubled

Thanks, I will let the guys know about the pictures, they have been so busy, making hay, getting pens ready for their sale, and shows, I hardly see them.  I will for sure let them
know, their computer is down so that has been a bummer too.  I just looked at your pictures, I cant believe those are the same calves, they have really grown, they look
really nice.  Isnt it great when home raised look good, its a hoot for us. (clapping)  and I know it is for you too, the guys were so impressed with the quality of your cattle.