Cow dogs for sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

sjcattleco

We are raising working cow dog Border Collies and Hangin Tree Cow dogs..  We have 2 litters right now and will be ready to wean  April 25th  Both are registered  The Border Collies are $400 and the Hangin Tree dogs are $1000.00 The Hangin Tree dogs are guaranteed to work cattle.  I have 7 Border Collies 5 male 2 female and  2 of the Hangin Tree pups  1 red male and 1 red merle female... Here is a pic of the Border Collie pups.  All the parents work cattle and have been shown in cowdog trials.

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• Border Collie pups.jpg
    Border Collie pups.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 534

genes

Even though I know they are bred to be little workers, they sure are cute!!  I hope you find them all good homes.

red

Scott- how are you at training dogs? We had quite a discussion on that topic a while back. Show Hef has a border collie pup she's trying to train. A lot of people gave advice but needed someone who has done it!
Also other guy on the boards who goes by Boder Collie guy ( another Ohio person) went to Billings,  Missouri last week.  He was taking his border collie to a trainer out there named Marvin Daniels.  He is supposed to be very good and strictly trains dogs on cattle. He'll have him out there for about 30 days.
We even got some posts on the Hanging Tree dogs! Very interesting.

Red (dog)

sjcattleco

We are in Southeast Ohio in Athens Co... between Athens and Albany...

Pups will get good homes  we only sell them to folks that will either work stock or I hate to say it use them in agility trials.. but at least they are getting used... We are keeping 2 pups  a Blue merle Hangin Tree male and a male BC the one 3rd from the right with the black spot on his neck.  

sjcattleco

red said:
Scott- how are you at training dogs? We had quite a discussion on that topic a while back. Show Hef has a border collie pup she's trying to train. A lot of people gave advice but needed someone who has done it!
Also other guy on the boards who goes by Boder Collie guy ( another Ohio person) went to Billings,  Missouri last week.  He was taking his border collie to a trainer out there named Marvin Daniels.  He is supposed to be very good and strictly trains dogs on cattle. He'll have him out there for about 30 days.
We even got some posts on the Hanging Tree dogs! Very interesting.

Red (dog)

Best training tape in the country is by Gary Ericsson... I am partnered up with a neighbor with these stock dogs... He has facilities I help with labor and some of the stock and such and we work together to put on stock dog trials and training clinics.... IMO and I am not a pro trainer meaning that I do not do it as my sole or major source of income,  is to do it your self.  Buy that tape ... memorize that tape before you ever start on that dog then do the steps... once you get your dog started attend a training clinic or find someone that has trained at least 3-4 dogs that can help you fix mistakes and give you advice...  Pro trainers are for people that trial dogs... esp sheep dogs.... Sheep events are judged and minute things are soo much more important than cowdog events.  Alot of the time in a cowdog trial the guy that is the luckiest, the best cattle handler, and the guy with the toughest dog wins.... and the combination of all three have to come together... sheep trials seem to me not to have as many variables that can go wrong... But I hate sheep so I don't run them unless I have to!  Also if you are considering a pro trainer 30 days is not even close enough to get anything done... It will take 2-3 weeks unless you get really lucky for you dog to even start to listen to a complete stranger!  So 60 days is a better investment... Also if you would happen to buy a started dog  and you see the dog run through its paces... Do not work that dog for at least 4 weeks and maybe 6... Bond with that dog... teach that dog that you are his newest greatest bestest friend... Show that dog you can discipline him and still love him... Praise that dog for everything it does right!!!  Then when that dog has bonded to you ask him to work... And still don't expect to get the results that you saw back 6 weeks prior... These dogs work off of the words you use, the sound of your voice, and the tone of your voice....So if a dog is trained by a man and sold to a woman... the command DOWN  has to be somewhat relearned by the dog... and it takes almost a year for a dog to forget a trainer's voice.

Attachments

• bear2.jpg
    bear2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 425

red

So great!
What kind of dog is Bear? Really getting that stein moving!!! (dog) (clapping)

Thanks,
Red

genes

Oh dear looking again I realized I worded that badly (gee can you tell I went to bed at 3:30 am)....I'm sure you have no problem finding homes for good dogs.  And nothing wrong with agility trials either...they use their athleticism and brains, the Border Collie's strengths.

That's a neat picture....the horse has a look on his face like "well you know I can do that too".

justme

Good to see you on the board scott!  I was just thinking about you guys! (dog)

sjcattleco

(clapping)

Hey Giget  It took me several days on here to figure out tha justme was your handle!!!!  I need some farm hats some time!!!! 

JbarL

sjcattleco said:
We are in Southeast Ohio in Athens Co... between Athens and Albany...

Pups will get good homes  we only sell them to folks that will either work stock or I hate to say it use them in agility trials.. but at least they are getting used... We are keeping 2 pups  a Blue merle Hangin Tree male and a male BC the one 3rd from the right with the black spot on his neck.  

JbarL

sjcattleco said:
We are raising working cow dog Border Collies and Hangin Tree Cow dogs..  We have 2 litters right now and will be ready to wean  April 25th  Both are registered  The Border Collies are $400 and the Hangin Tree dogs are $1000.00 The Hangin Tree dogs are guaranteed to work cattle.  I have 7 Border Collies 5 male 2 female and  2 of the Hangin Tree pups  1 red male and 1 red merle female... Here is a pic of the Border Collie pups.  All the parents work cattle and have been shown in cowdog trials.

Thanks
Scott

sjcattleco

We still have 3 Border Collie male pups for sale... Price reduced to $200!!!! We really need to sell them to folks that will use them and have stock!!! or do agility.....