Cow not feeling well 2 weeks after delivery

Help Support Steer Planet:

GrowerShower32

We currently found one of our cows when we fed tonight cause she didn't come up. She's standing kinda drawn up with her head low and when she walks she drags her toes some. She had a bull calf March 18th and hadn't noticed any problems until today. My question is she retaining liquid from calving? Cause I saw her the day she calved and she didn't have any afterbirth hanging out. She looked as though she cleaned completely.

I'm gonna hit her with lutalyse and load her up with LA200 tomorrow first thing. What are y'alls thoughts?

blackdirt cowboy

It could be a lot of things. How big was the bull calf she had?  It's possible she had twins and one died and is still inside of her. She could also have a partially retained placenta. And it's also possible she is just sick. Bring her in and temp her. Then put on a glove and check out what's going on inside her. If you can't figure it out for sure, might need to have your vet look at her. Anyway you go, starting her on some antibiotics can't hurt. Good luck.

cowman 52

Before you get carried away,  does she have a temp?  You sure she cleaned out? Palpate and there might be a chance she has enough retained placenta that she can't pass urine.  If that's the case she will have a full bladder so when you gently push down just shy of the cervix you going to get a lot of urine.  I'd start there before doing a lot of injecting.