Cow Opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

FarmerWanna-Be

IMG_0085.jpg

What do you think of her? This is a picture of her this past summer. She is a Chimaine. Do you think Mercedes Benz would work on her?

CAB

For me just from the picture, I would think possibly a angus bull like Net Worth or one of the Duff/OCC bulls may work well with her. To me she looks like she just needs softened up and made stouter. She looks like she is long fronted and spined. Looks like she may could use a higher milk epd bull also. A Simi bull like Grandmaster may work well also. I think that using a higher % Maine bull may not correct any of the things that she seems to possibly need. Remember that this is all from looking @ a picture and you know the cow better than I do. JMO

FarmerWanna-Be

Thanks CAB. She is out of the Chiangus herd bull VKR I-Da-Playa and a Maine cow. Im looking for a bull to stouten her up just a touch. She is very moderate framed already. Also a bull to thicken her up and add bone and hair and clean up her front end.

FarmerWanna-Be

Yeah thats her calf. She never really got a good udder. She lost her first calf and this is her second calf but first calf to make it. It is a little bigger than in the picture. I think she had just nursed.

Bradenh

I agree in terms of opinions she has no where near enough milk and udder structure for me. I like the grandmaster idea on her. Some type of maternal simi