Cow Palace

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

Anyone heard any results from the Cow Palace (California Grand National)?  They don't post results on their website.    :-\

red

Knabe would probably be the best one on that since he's out that way.
I haven't heard any buzz Cowz.

Red

knabe

i didn't go, it was during the week.  i went last year and was kind of disappointed as the colleges don't go there any more, which always created a lot of gossip between the two cal poly's, pomona and the real one slo.  now that i'm back in it, i will go next year.  trying a few leads for results.  the show seems really empty now compared to in its hey day.  I saw my first beefalo there, some giant steer i paid 50c to see.  what is also a big change, is there isn't as clean of displays of cattle, or near as many.  in the old days, some of the booths looked like they were selling cars they were so immaculate.  cow palace used to be like an expo, where everything was tip top and you couldn't see the behind, not front of the scenes stuff like all the generators, blowers, chutes etc.  the horse show used to be one of the biggest on the coast if not the biggest.  Sheila varian won the open one year on an arab against all the boys.  sorry for waxing.

http://www.varianarabians.com/history/Ronteza.asp

go gals! (clapping)

cattlechick

I went, Holly Smith won Supreme Heifer with a Shortorn. There werent many cattle, some nice heifers a handfull of bulls and some cow calf pairs. Its was fun and the premiums were good.The concerts are always good. Since they have moved it to the spring the rodeo and tradeshow have gotten better than the past few years. However, for the stock show some people that went every year since I can remember when I was little, didnt go because they are calving. I wish that it would build back up again. I'll still go next year.

Latest posts