Cow Power XXXII

Help Support Steer Planet:

Waukaru

Just finished the catalog.  If anyone would like a sale booklet or DVD, let me know, would gladly get one sent to you.

Okotoks

Found it on the ASA site.
I sure like the looks of the Glenell IMF heifers!

http://www.shorthorncountry.net/image/2011/Waukaru/Waukaru2011.pdf

Also on a different thread the King Ranch was mentioned. there's a letter (below) in the catalogue saying how they like how the Waukaru genetics are working but they are not to the 3/8 by 5/8 ratio as yet.
I think Waukaru should be congratulated , not only for a great performance oriented herd with a ton of relevant data behind them but also on providing genetics to the King ranch Program. (thumbsup)

"Toby,
Just returned from Costa Rica visiting Santa Gertrudis breeders and potential customers
there. Beautiful country and some really knowledgeable ranchers with good cattle. The bulls
we used from Waukaru via embryo production, AI and natural service all did us a good job.
The bulls we used natural service held up quite well despite breeding each year of an
extended historical drought. They would “breed down” a little by the end of the 75 day
season as they were used for spring calves which means they were put with the cows May,
June and July – not a great time in South Texas. From the original 62 F-1 SGxBr cows
produced via embryos and then subsequent AI and natural service matings to Shorthorn we
have a herd of 175 females that are approximately 1/32 away from being the 5/8x3/8 cattle
Santa Gertrudis is supposed to be. From this herd we have approximately 400 males and/or
females who contain a genetic component from your herd. Bottom line is we were very
pleased with the cross/composite and the genetics from your herd.
Scott Moore
King Ranch, Kingsville, Texas"

Doc

Okotoks said:

Also on a different thread the King Ranch was mentioned. there's a letter (below) in the catalogue saying how they like how the Waukaru genetics are working but they are not to the 3/8 by 5/8 ratio as yet.
I think Waukaru should be congratulated , not only for a great performance oriented herd with a ton of relevant data behind them but also on providing genetics to the King ranch Program. (thumbsup)

"Toby,
Just returned from Costa Rica visiting Santa Gertrudis breeders and potential customers
there. Beautiful country and some really knowledgeable ranchers with good cattle. The bulls
we used from Waukaru via embryo production, AI and natural service all did us a good job.
The bulls we used natural service held up quite well despite breeding each year of an
extended historical drought. They would “breed down” a little by the end of the 75 day
season as they were used for spring calves which means they were put with the cows May,
June and July – not a great time in South Texas. From the original 62 F-1 SGxBr cows
produced via embryos and then subsequent AI and natural service matings to Shorthorn we
have a herd of 175 females that are approximately 1/32 away from being the 5/8x3/8 cattle
Santa Gertrudis is supposed to be. From this herd we have approximately 400 males and/or
females who contain a genetic component from your herd. Bottom line is we were very
Scott Moore

I think that this testimonial is great. I hope Garybob or whoever it was questioning Shorties surviving down there reads this.

justintime

Toby, I went through the sale catalog tonight and I think the Waukaru team have assembled a very good set of females for this sale. I am very pleased with the two females I purchased last year and they are definitely females that will work here. The First Kiss heifer I got has a Patent heifer calf that is going to be one of the heaviest calves I wean this fall and she has raised this calf by herself with no creep.I will be weaning her soon and it is going to be interesting to see what she weighs.Not only does she has some performance but she has a beautiful muscle pattern for a heifer.She will definitely be in our pen of replacement heifers. The Royal Rose cow has twin heifers by Glennell IMF and they are also very good heifers. I am also very impressed that she has stayed in excellent condition even with two calves on her.
I will be booking my flight tonight and am looking forward to viewing this sale offering in person and having a visit with all the Jordan clan again.

Waukaru

Hey thanks, for the kind words, it means alot.  Grant, can't wait to show you this set of cattle and catch up on all the news!  If anyone has any questions or would like a DVD or hard copy, let me know, happy to get you one.

trevorgreycattleco

Doc said:
Okotoks said:

"Toby,
Scott Moore

I think that this testimonial is great. I hope Garybob or whoever it was questioning Shorties surviving down there reads this.

I was the one questioning it. Guess I got some crow to eat. Your the man Barry!

Waukaru

Brock,
Instead of crow, come over the night before our sale and eat steak.

Waukaru

If you have not received your sale booklet yet, it should be there in a day or two.  You folks up in the cold tundra may have to wait a bit longer as well as my blokes from down under.  I mailed the DVD's this morning, so they will be a bit yet.  If you did not receive a book or DVD and would like one, just send me a note.

Thanks,
Toby Jordan

aj

I know gatchalls(sp).......a neighbor bought a bull from Waukara and females from lovings. They seemed to be happy with their bull.

Waukaru

We have been real happy with IMF, he has certainly added body and fleshing ability to the cattle.  The lot 38 is a good female, her mother was impressive as well.  I sold her brother, 0080, the other day to Bruce Humble.

Mathew Gastchull has been real excited about that bull, he sent me some pictures the other day, the calves look good.

aj

I don't know the details but it sounds like the Shorthorn country or somebody ought to do a story on Matt's business model/ Talked to him in Denver. Mainly know the old man.

PDJ

We purchased an IMF from Barry this spring, and he looks good after running with about 20 cows for 30 days.  Good bone, fairly easy fleshing, good front end.