Cowboy's calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShowmanQ

WHOOPS I forgot, SUPER NICE CALF!!!! Way to go Terry <party> (clapping) <party> (clapping)

red

We won Louisville w/ our red heifer. I think more judges are becoming less color blind.

Terry's calf will make an awesome bull in my opinion. A clean red bull is something many people are wanting.

Red

common sense

Max A Million (that's what we call him here at Club Calf Paradise) is doing great and although he is getting rid of his baby hair he has tons of new hair coming in and its much darker than his picture.  We really like Max and thanks to Cowboy's royal spoiling, Max has a great personality. We worked all of the calves for the second time the other day and decided to hold off on castrating Max.  He has a lot of bull potential and he just is so young and soft looking that we didn't feel it would make a difference to leave him a bull for a while.  Of course if somebody buys him and wants him cut we will take care of that and keep him until he is healed.  If anyone has any specific questions please don't hesitate to give us a call or email!  Of course, you are always welcome to stop by and see him in person.  Just be careful, I might put you to work!  --Juli

common sense

You can find a picture of Max A Million on www.clubcalfparadise.com  He's not hard to miss.  Hey Kanshow...if you like that heifer you had better take a look at the rest.  That picture was just a "teaser".  She is a dolly though and has a killer personality.  I was rinsing her yesterday and my dog, Darby, a full sized Standard Poodle came into the washroom.  He is still young and gets a little jealous. He's about the same size as the calves and I think he is sure they are part of the family.  He gets in between the calf and my blower and won't move.  Well yesterday I was on my knees blowing off her belly and Darby crawled underneath her from the other side and  pushed me over.  That heifer never moved a foot or muscle.  It was hilarious.  The calves all love Darby.

Cowboy

Folks, I want to thank each and every one of you for the nice comments on Max, I am kind of taken aback as to how well you seem to like him.

He was cool from minute one -- I walked down to check on Sarrah and wow -- in the flashlight even  this backwoods cowboy knew he was going to be special. For us here any way -- I know there are most likely killer steers/bulls all over, but for us he is the best we have had.

I thank every one for looking, we are very excited! Juli and Brad have done an amazing job with him already, and he has only been there a month or so. We do imprint all our calves, so his disposition is the best, but I think alot of it comes naturaly too, he has 2 half sisters here and they are both really gentle as well. He is a ham bone that is for sure!

I can't thank Juli and Brad enough for driving all the way out here to get him - all from a couple of poor pictures early on. I can say this -- he is in VERY good company up there -- there are some STEM WINDERS hiding in the grass up there -- so if you make any plans this fall -- go see them all -- you won't be sorry!!

Thanks alot every one -- he will sell in entirety -- buyers call on steer or bull! Glad I don't have to make that call, it would be hard for me to harvest the Cajones from him, but --- we'll see.

Take care and every one be safe -- I doubt if I will sleep until - say -- 9-5 or so!!! hehehehe

Terry

shortyjock89

I don't know if I could steer him.  His picture looks awful good.  If someone that knew how to promote got him, he could go far. REAL far.

Cowboy

He is basicly a 4 way cross by pedigree. I will give it a shot here for you all .

Sire is a Maximus x Mile High Magnolia at Gregory's --she is double bred Habinero and double Sugar Ray.

His mother is by Uno -- a Debull x Draftpick bull from a few years ago, grandmother is a Chill Factor and she is from the Foreplay cow in my avatar picture. The Foreplay is bred for a fall calf to Mile High Max as well, and we already have her hfr by him from last spring.

If I were to go from highest percentage to lowest -- I am thinking it would be either Simmi-Maine-Angus-Chi  or Maine-Simmi-Angus-Chi. There is enough Chi in there -- WAY back on the bottom side from the Foreplay is KK New Design ( A Sugar son as well)

We have tested him for PHA due to the Draftpick on his top side.

That's about it --so I hope that helps solve the genetic puzzle on him. Thanks for asking!

Terry

OH Breeder

common sense said:
You can find a picture of Max A Million on www.clubcalfparadise.com  He's not hard to miss.  Hey Kanshow...if you like that heifer you had better take a look at the rest.  That picture was just a "teaser".  She is a dolly though and has a killer personality.  I was rinsing her yesterday and my dog, Darby, a full sized Standard Poodle came into the washroom.  He is still young and gets a little jealous. He's about the same size as the calves and I think he is sure they are part of the family.  He gets in between the calf and my blower and won't move.  Well yesterday I was on my knees blowing off her belly and Darby crawled underneath her from the other side and  pushed me over.  That heifer never moved a foot or muscle.  It was hilarious.  The calves all love Darby.

Carnac x Hotline MaineTainer heifer -Like this female looks really cocky