Cows With Guns, Well Almost!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bulldaddy

There are about 30 baby calves in this pasture.  The momma cows did not like the presence of a sounder of hogs this morning.  I shot a couple of the sows and the cows pitched in.  I saw them do this to a coyote once but I didn't have a camera.

https://youtu.be/i67PgbA4bno 

mark tenenbaum

GOOD POST-I remember when the so-called effete yuppy sport of "tipping cows" was "supposed" to be the fad." Like actually really tipping ah cowz":said Buffy Yuppington. Try that with a group of EXT Angus, Limmies, and or a couple of the wrong Shorthorns or Charolais _(yea Shorts, they can be some of the meanest when they finally get riled) O0

Bulldaddy

Thanks. Actually, the black cow that is doing the killing is a very gentle, halter broke Simmental cow. She just doesn't like wild hogs.

simba

Interesting post! It's funny that you say that the cow doing all the damage is a very gentle cow because I have two super quiet, halter broke Hereford cows that are the same way with dogs. Our cows are calved out on some land that borders a nearby Indian Reserve and occasionally wild dogs come onto the area. I've never seen them kill a dog because the dogs are much faster than them but they sure go crazy and try! That being said they'll let a human handle their calves without even batting an eye- I sure wish they all had that quiet disposition but protective instinct.