crazy things you see at shows!

Help Support Steer Planet:

brahmergirl

I have to share something I saw last weekend at a show.  I just chuckle and chuckle when I see these things and have to wonder what the people actually get out of it.  anyways, here goes:

I am at this little county show last weekend and a young teenage girl and her boyfriend show up to the show after it starts, in their own vehicle.  Now mom of the girl and dad both have already shown up at the crack of dawn with all the critters and show stuff.  They've been washing, grooming, blow drying, feeding, walking and everything else on the girls show steer and heifer.  Then the girl shows up several hours later, ready to show.  The mom walks over to her, throws her a pair of jeans and tells her to put them on because they're "dirty" and her others are too clean.  Now keep in mind mom and dad did every bit of the work while "princess" showed up for her part in the showmanship.  I just thought that was too funny!

I had to share!

brahmergirl

cowz

At the risk of being grandma cranky pants.....I will take the low road and share this one with you.....

There is a 4H mom who carts 2 mean Corgi's with them to every show.  She keeps them in a play pen.  They always stall at the end of the aisle so you always have to lead calves past the growling and snapping little nasties.  Note:  all the other Corgi's I know are really quite sweet.

The ironic thing is that this gal growls and snaps just as bad as the dogs.  Teenage boys avoid that row like the plague.   Many a calf has jumped around as result ,  but the family always gets past the no dogs in the barn rule.

Oh well, I hope to never humiliate a good dog by keeping them in a play pen. (lol)

cowz

brahmergirl said:
I have to share something I saw last weekend at a show.  I just chuckle and chuckle when I see these things and have to wonder what the people actually get out of it.  anyways, here goes:

I am at this little county show last weekend and a young teenage girl and her boyfriend show up to the show after it starts, in their own vehicle.  Now mom of the girl and dad both have already shown up at the crack of dawn with all the critters and show stuff.  They've been washing, grooming, blow drying, feeding, walking and everything else on the girls show steer and heifer.  Then the girl shows up several hours later, ready to show.  The mom walks over to her, throws her a pair of jeans and tells her to put them on because they're "dirty" and her others are too clean.  Now keep in mind mom and dad did every bit of the work while "princess" showed up for her part in the showmanship.  I just thought that was too funny!

I had to share!

brahmergirl

Did the mom also spray a little glue and black paint on her hands for effect??????? (lol)

afhm

I've seen it all, like a calf being blown out with a gas powered leaf blower.  A guy trying to twine with cedar fiber.  A trailer arriving with the back gate swinging in the wind.  Instead of clippers using a pocket knife to trim a tail switch.  Heifer going through the windshield of a BMW and almost through the rag top.  Everyone has seen the runaway trim chute, but how about the run away truck and trailer when the e brake wasn't set.  It was a good thing they tied in the barn that week instead of at the trailer like normal.  I've seen a guy put his generator to close to the truck and burn a hole in the fender.  I saw a heifer dragging another heifer on her side down the middle of the midway.  There is one family that has way more trailer than they can handle that is always getting stuck in positions they can't get out of.  They always cut corners too close and several times have had to get a wrecker to get them out of the ditch because they are bottomed out.  One time they somehow had the only road in and out of the fairgrounds and a state highway shut down because they were stuck.  That time the trailer was in such a jam that one side the tires were completely off the ground.  There is no telling how many times the plumbing underneath has had to be repaired or how often the ac has needed work from getting hit on a low clearance barn or tree.  Speaking of that I saw a brand new Wilson get the nose ripped wide open from hitting the I-beams holding the barn up, it shook the whole barn.

Latest posts