Critique on a steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

amss101

Haven't done this before but figure if everyone else throws it out there, we'll give it a try.  Reg. Simi weighing about 810...he is a couple of hooftrimmings away from where we want him but ours hurt his shoulder so we're a little behind on that.  Go ahead--tear him apart as some would say.  He will go to his first show in 2 weeks...opinions?

amss101

Thanks DORI!!!  I attached them and walked away.  Just came back and realized the weren't sized correctly.  I appreciate you fixing them and I will do better next time.  Appreciate the help  :)

BCCC

amss101 said:
Thanks DORI!!!  I attached them and walked away.  Just came back and realized the weren't sized correctly.  I appreciate you fixing them and I will do better next time.  Appreciate the help   :)
Take the ones out of your post so it loads faster, I had to wait awhile to see them an I have DSL, so it woul dbe SUPER slow for dial up.  The steer looks nice, what is he out of?

amss101

He is a Maximus and Meyer.  We're going to give him a dye job this week, and finish clipping over the long weekend.  We've never had a Simmental before, thoughts?

dori36

amss101 said:
Thanks DORI!!!  I attached them and walked away.  Just came back and realized the weren't sized correctly.  I appreciate you fixing them and I will do better next time.  Appreciate the help   :)

No problem - glad to help. He's a nice steer!

amss101

headed to hbc, we usually show at whatever show is within reasonable distance...we've got a few things we still need to do to him around here but was wondering what kind of things SP might have to say.

inthebarnagain

He looks pretty nice, looks like he should clip out good and didn't get the prominent shoulders that Maximus can sometimes throw. 

Show Heifer

I hate to critique by a photo.....but.... he seems a bit high flanked and a bit light muscled in his hind lower quarter.
But, that being said, he looks like a well balanced steer. Not all floppy in the dew lap area which a lot of simmi steers are.
Good luck in your shows!

knabe

Show Heifer said:
I hate to critique by a photo.....but.... he seems a bit high flanked and a bit light muscled in his hind lower quarter.
But, that being said, he looks like a well balanced steer. Not all floppy in the dew lap area which a lot of simmi steers are.
Good luck in your shows!

i agree.  in my low quality neck of the woods, i have yet to see a sim influence anything with lower quarter.

doubled

pretty nice steer, a little heavy in the shoulders, and kinda flat or low on muscle in the lower hind quarter but will make a nice show steer.