Cross roads with feed

Help Support Steer Planet:

1dakota

Currently feeding Purina HSC Fitters Edge. Breeder said switch over to HSC Finishing Touch @800 lbs. We have reached that point in weight but just found out that HSC FT isn't available in my area. Only HSC Full Range. <<<Breeder said that isn't the same, it's a grower not a finisher, though the feed places here say's it is. I can get my hands on Showrite Throttled Up and Cruiser.  Not sure where to go from here. 7 days out from having to switch. Show date June 2nd, 2016. Any advice greatly appreciated

Spencer10218

Throttle up is a finisher feed and cruiser is basically to hold them
Not sure what other types of feeds you can get ahold of
We have used show rite and had good results

j3cattleco

We work with Purina and feed ALOT of full range. If you just read the tag on full range it will read more like a grower than a finisher, but you have to understand Full Range was developed differently.  The feed tag only tells half the story. Full Range has quite a few more calories in it than a typical grower due to the way feed is mixed. We feed it year round and have been very pleased with the results. We have not had any issues getting cattle fat in fact we have had to cut it with precon sometimes when we are getting too fat. The other benefit is all the extra stuff thrown into a sack of full range. Amaferm, diamond v yeast, tasco, all of which will help you when getting ready for your fair. Full Range won't feed as hot internally as finishing touch which should help keep your steer on full feed headed into your June fair.

Joshua