CTR Success

Help Support Steer Planet:

Wisrose

I've read on this site that he is heifer safe. Is this still true. I ordered 4 straws and was wondering if I could use him on a Almost Famous/ AngusX Char  and a Money TalksxIn Focus? Both are nice sized girls.

CAB

Very limited experience, only 2 so far, but here is are my thoughts after only 2 calves out of 2 first calf heifers that are both OCC Freestyle heifers. 1st heifer had a heifer calf unassisted approx 70 lbs.  Just got back in from pulling the 2nd one, bull calf approx. 90 lbs. Looks like you will get along OK if you watch closely and don't mind pulling some. I don't think that it looks like you should ever have to do too many C-sections unless malpresented. The calves are nice shaped for calving IMO. I cked into the bull fairly well B4 I bred to heifers. De Jong's, Willers,Myron Danner, Majors, & of coarse CTR,(Eldon Star), have all used him on many heifers with success.

Telos

Good choice. Maybe not be the best calving ease fellow out there, but does not seem to produce the great big ones either.

Very maternal type bull with very little holes, if any. Hard to find females out of him for sale.

Ask ZNT Steer Planet member.

ZNT

Much of our herd is based around the CTR Success genetics.  He provides excellent maternal genetics, sound structure, and eye appeal.  Telo's is correct, he does not throw extremely large calves, but I would still be cautious breeding heifers to him.  I would be more inclined to breed my 1st calf heifers to him.  Check out our donor page on our website, and you will find a couple of CTR Success daughters.

http://www.zntcattle.com/p/donors.html