Current Monopoly semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSchroeder

Prices posted on websites are notoriously inaccurate.  They don't go off the same database that they keep the current price in and it's not kept up to date.

Bulldaddy

Here is the deal.  My ABS rep said they can't get any Monopoly semen.  Bovine Elite has it listed but when I called them they said that Monopoly was injured and they had none.  Then I checked cattle visions and it was $100.  So, I bit the bullet and called Lautner Farms and asked if they had any Monopoly semen.  They said I could get on the list and they may be able ship me some in the future BUT if I would order one of their other bulls, they could move me up on the list.  So I ordered 10 units of Monopoly and 10 units of Tyson.  When I asked them when they would ship, they said how about tomorrow.  We will see how good the semen is pretty soon since I ultrsound at 30 days.

drl

I would call Matt and get an order in ASAP. Don't go through a distributor if you are looking for a bull that is in short supply. You will also get the real story on what is going on rather than what the distributors will tell you so you will buy some other semen on another bull. Not saying all distributors will do that but I have seen that in the past. The longer you wait to call the less likely you will get some the closer we get to spring breeding season.

mooch

Bulldaddy said:
Here is the deal.  My ABS rep said they can't get any Monopoly semen.  Bovine Elite has it listed but when I called them they said that Monopoly was injured and they had none.  Then I checked cattle visions and it was $100.  So, I bit the bullet and called Lautner Farms and asked if they had any Monopoly semen.  They said I could get on the list and they may be able ship me some in the future BUT if I would order one of their other bulls, they could move me up on the list.  So I ordered 10 units of Monopoly and 10 units of Tyson.  When I asked them when they would ship, they said how about tomorrow.   We will see how good the semen is pretty soon since I ultrsound at 30 days.

WOW just WOW ,You must want to use him bad, because thats when I would have used anything but Monopoly.

CAB

Didn't the Monopoly semen average $185 out in Denver? I think that I may would try Headliner & cut through some of the BS. JMO.

rtm

Has anyone had both Monopoly and Headliner calves in the same calf crop, how did they compare?

herefordfootball

mooch said:
Bulldaddy said:
Here is the deal.  My ABS rep said they can't get any Monopoly semen.  Bovine Elite has it listed but when I called them they said that Monopoly was injured and they had none.  Then I checked cattle visions and it was $100.  So, I bit the bullet and called Lautner Farms and asked if they had any Monopoly semen.  They said I could get on the list and they may be able ship me some in the future BUT if I would order one of their other bulls, they could move me up on the list.  So I ordered 10 units of Monopoly and 10 units of Tyson.  When I asked them when they would ship, they said how about tomorrow.   We will see how good the semen is pretty soon since I ultrsound at 30 days.

WOW just WOW ,You must want to use him bad, because thats when I would have used anything but Monopoly.

I agree...Thats pure BS you have to order another bull too.

PRO

I have posed this question before, but how many all aboard (CLEAN) calves have people had or seen?  I have just seen a few pictured on the web.  I would really like some more info before I place an order on him.

mooch

herefordfootball said:
mooch said:
Bulldaddy said:

To me it wouldn't be so much the ordering of the other bull , it would be how you miraculously moved to the top of a long list, for shipping tomorrow, when at the beginning of the conversation it wasn't even available!

CAB

I think that to get a good answer to the question about All Aboard, I would call Troy Polyock and ask him about how the calves are & also ask him for a small list of names that have had some. He owns part of the bull. I have not seen any personally, but here is what I have heard. They do not have the bone and hair that the Monopoly's/Headliner's have. Good calves but on the plainer side. If you use him on carrier cows, he may be just what you are looking for. I highly reccomend getting potential carriers tested. We had 17 potential carriers tested & only 5 head came back as carriers, so if you are breeding for competitive clubbie calves it opens up a whole new group of bulls to look @ for potential matings. There are numerous HW sons to look @ that have had some very nice calves.

Bulldaddy

I was going to order the Tyson semen from ABS.  So no big deal.  Just hope the Monopoly is good stuff.  I did get free shipping!

mooch said:
herefordfootball said:
mooch said:
Bulldaddy said:

To me it wouldn't be so much the ordering of the other bull , it would be how you miraculously moved to the top of a long list, for shipping tomorrow, when at the beginning of the conversation it wasn't even available!

herefordfootball

Bulldaddy said:
I was going to order the Tyson semen from ABS.  So no big deal.  Just hope the Monopoly is good stuff.  I did get free shipping!

mooch said:
herefordfootball said:
mooch said:
Bulldaddy said:

Well thats good it worked out for you. But for some people who need monopoly semen asap, man that could be expensive....I mean if you order ten units of monopoly thats $500 there, then an additional at least $200 for the other bulls...You get almost $1000 wrapped up in what should have been an only $500 breeding need.

Status
Not open for further replies.